CNN chief Jeff Zucker abruptly resigns after failing to disclose sexual relationship with subordinate

Originally published at: CNN chief Jeff Zucker abruptly resigns after failing to disclose sexual relationship with subordinate | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Orders of magnitude less problematic than the hard on he had for getting Trump on TV.

13 Likes

I will give CNN credit for having a story about his departure on their website.

6 Likes

Quite an end to the Boy Wonder’s career, over such an amateur mistake.

5 Likes

I’m glad he’s out but I’m not looking forward to all the false equivalency crowing we’re about to hear from the Roger Ailes apologists over at Fox News.

8 Likes

Failing to disclose a sexual relationship still sounds consensual. Roger Ailes did not deal with consent.

8 Likes

Though the “with a subordinate” part certainly leaves the degree of consent open to speculation.

5 Likes

“my closest colleague, someone I have worked with for more than 20 years,” Zucker told employees in a memo. “I acknowledged the relationship evolved in recent years.”

That sounds pretty consensual. Unprofessional as hell for two people in the same workplace, but not inherently sleazy.

2 Likes

And it may well be, but you are also reading his description of the relationship so it’s pretty much a given he’d describe it that way.

9 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

7 Likes

Indeed, what predator has ever described a relationship or sexual encounter as anything other than consensual?

7 Likes

The woman he had the relationship with has also called it consensual:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cnn-president-jeff-zucker-announces-resignation-over-undisclosed-e2-80-9crelationship-e2-80-9d-with-colleague/ar-AATpjsh

Gollust, who joined CNN in 2013 and plans to stay at the network, released a statement the same day: “Jeff and I have been close friends and professional partners for over 20 years," she said. “Recently, our relationship changed during covid. I regret that we didn’t disclose it at the right time.”

:woman_shrugging:

Sounds like it might have been consensual, but the problem was that they’re suppose to disclose such a relationship, but they did not.

9 Likes

Parker calls this one

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.