Meeting masturbator Jeffrey Toobin reinstated at CNN

Originally published at: Meeting masturbator Jeffrey Toobin reinstated at CNN | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Makes you wonder how much welcome-back hand shaking there was.

And while I’m at it, grip measuring.

10 Likes

Really? Makes me wonder how often newscasters get away with on the job wanking.

6 Likes

Toobin was one of the first to agree to go back to the office, adding his need for real human connection while working from home was too great to bear.

10 Likes

Couldn’t handle it?

8 Likes

His reinstatement was a stroke of good fortune for him. The guy’s shown a lot of spunk over the years.

20 Likes

Do they do anything else, because if they did, I surely missed it.

P.S. welcome back Jeffrey “Mad Whacker” Toobin…

8 Likes

He knocked up his colleagues daughter 10 years ago and there were no consequences for that either.

5 Likes

@beschizza headline confusion. “meeting” assumed to be the gerund form of the verb “meet” until one trips over the actual verb “reinstated,” lol

4 Likes

Meeting masturbator Jeffrey Toobin was surely one of the high points of my professional career.

11 Likes

hmhhhm.
yeah.
me too.

7 Likes

Now waiting for some wag to have a bit of fun with his last name.

6 Likes

Meeting masturbator Jeffrey Toobin reinstated at CNN

Why?

7 Likes

You know this is going to keep us up at night right? Challenge accepted

5 Likes

She was in her 20s in a completely consensual affair. He did not have have any career authority over her in any way.

What “consequences” should he have had for this private conduct? He certainly did not show himself to be a standup guy by any means.

5 Likes

“Either” would imply he suffered no consequences from this bad act. But he got fired from one job, was effectively suspended for eight months from another.

You can say that he should have had more consequences (I don"t agree but I can understand the argument), but the claim that he had no consequences simply isn’t true.

3 Likes

I’m also working on it.

11 Likes

Well, they did get rid of Sanctimonious Ricky
giphy (37)

8 Likes

I’m not sure what CNN is thinking here. If I were being interviewed by him and he asked a question I didn’t like, I’d respond with “you may consider that a big deal, but at least I didn’t whack off naked in front of my colleagues.”

He says something bad about me in an analysis piece? “Pfft! Like I care what the guy who gave himself a hand job in a zoom meeting thinks.”

It’ll be interesting to see how long this lasts.

17 Likes

Not to mention being the butt of internet jokes for an indeterminate period, and the people in his profession will always remember this.

Even Mel Gibson and Roscoe Arbuckle were eventually allowed in out of the cold, and that was for much worse behavior.