CNN learned nothing from their 2016 election coverage

OMFG, yes

Kaitlan Collins (born April 7, 1992)[1][2] is an American journalist who served as the chief White House correspondent for CNN until 2022. She currently hosts CNN This Morning alongside Poppy Harlow. Previously, she was the White House correspondent for the website The Daily Caller .[3]

10 Likes

I don’t know about other regions, but the local cable provider here is Spectrum (a Charter company) and they run exactly this on their own channel. It’s generally a mix of big national headlines and local stuff… and weather every 10 minutes.

6 Likes

Fair point. Otherwise after someone said, “I liked the thing.” and someone said, “I don’t like the thing.” there would be no more posts, as any future ones will just more or less be “repeating” what someone else said.

2 Likes

Is the weather always on minutes that end in 8?

Because, I’m the age where that is when I want weather and will accept nothing else. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Unfortunately It’s “Weather on the 1’s”.

5 Likes

I learned from reading this thread that only a few people read all the previous comments before commenting.:smirk:

2 Likes

NY1 News pioneered this local version of the news wheel format, and went heavy on pre-packaged segments versus live ones (they’d mix in shows on NYC politics, Broadway, etc.). I’m pretty sure they’re still around.

4 Likes

This was founded by Time Warner Cable, who were acquired by Charter and renamed Spectrum, it’s still the same channel and format, just run under a new branding. NY1, thus “Weather on the 1’s”.

5 Likes

Jesus, I don’t know how anyone with half a brain can watch this shit. Aaron Rupar put a few clips on his Twitter feed and I felt myself getting stupider as I watched them.

Mind boggling how Trump can deny he raped a woman, then in the next breath defend the Access Hollywood tape, insist that celebrities are allowed to do that anyway, so it’s OK.

21 Likes
7 Likes

More the the point: Fuck you David Zaslav

9 Likes

Time to move to Canada. Sure the weather’s not great, but we have socialized medicine & we keep the mass idiocy down to a bare minimum

1 Like

I’m sure that tens of millions of desperate Americans will just be welcomed with open arms… /s

9 Likes

Thanks for this CNN, thanks for allowing him a platform for more of this nonsense.

5 Likes

Hmm…would someone really do that?

5 Likes

It’s time for cable TV to die. Nobody needs a cable TV package today. I still use Cox internet to this day, but I am really excited about Google Fiber finally coming to our neighborhood and will switch as soon as possible. Internet service plus a TV package that includes CNN from Cox costs $160, and it’s pretty much wall-to-wall commercials. Drop your TV package now, today and bring an end to cable news. Make billionaire John Malone come and beg for your business.

1 Like

Speaking for myself, I neither type nor think very quickly & there’s been more than one instance where, after having read all the comments, and composing a post, it appears below a number of new posts making the same point[s].

I don’t particularly worry about people thinking I’m an idiot because of this sort of thing.
I already know I’m an idiot, so… :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Well, CNN is now owned by a RWNJ. CNN is now complicit in the Jan 6 attempt to overthrow the government by giving Trump millions in free advertising. Any media outlet that gives him this kind of coverage will be complicit.

13 Likes

CNN was never the leftist news organization the right accused it of being, but now it’s pretty clear they’re trying to be the new Fox News. I never thought when they decided to stop both sidesing every story, that they’d settle on the far right, but here we are.

11 Likes

Have not watched them in years (dropped cable), but their site was in my news site rotation. I’ll be cutting them out now. It’s like they are an arsonist firefighter–creating problems just so they can cover them.

4 Likes