CNN wonders if Ebola is "The Isis of Biological Agents"

I think you mean the ISIS of biological agents. ISIS is an acronym, Isis is an Egyptian goddess, mother of Horus, wife and sister of Osiris, knows Ra’s secret name, etc.

/pedantry

1 Like

The stupid - it burns.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain that was the ISIS of analogies.

4 Likes

CNN’s right, in a way (probably not the way they meant): ISIS/ISIL and Ebola are two horrible things whose danger to CONUS is less than epsilon. (For you non-math-majors, that means a really really small amount)

1 Like

CNN is the Ebola of the basic cable wasteland, while FOXNews is more of an amoebic parasite

2 Likes

Pedantry is the Ebola of this thread!

ISIS is the CNN of Islamic fundamentalists!

CNN is the Hilary Clinton’s Possible Presidential Bid of news networks!

HIDE YOUR CHILDREN FROM ISISCNNEBOLA WITH THESE FIVE COOL iPHONE APPS THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY DOESN’T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT!

Love,
Bes, Egytptian Dwarf-God

10 Likes

Of course this would come up on Ashleigh Banfield: all fear, all the time. Bad evil OTHERS – they are going to kill you! Be afraid; call Uncle Sam! Do what he says!

1 Like

Hathor hates it! One Weird Trick for not being depicted in profile.

3 Likes

Betteridge’s law applies, as always.

David Pescovitz: The Bigfoot of Twitter? [...][1]

5 Likes

This, right here, is the Rory Calhoun of threads.

I’m seeing them as more than a metaphor. They both look like trumped up frightening things from afar that promise to encourage people to relinquish their personal freedoms for safety while huge money interests rake in the profit.

Also, I suspect they were created, probably inadvertently, by the interests of corporations to extract wealth out of Africa and the Middle East with no concern for and no legitimate involvement with the people there.

Funny how these diseases don’t somehow spring up in the so called developed world. Also terrorist groups don’t seem to get much traction in this same environment.

“The ISIS of biological agents”?

Stupid.

“The biological agent of ISIS” would get far more panties in a bind.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.