Cockatoos meet each other in pet store and chaos follows

Originally published at: Cockatoos meet each other in pet store and chaos follows | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Was one of them this guy?

22 Likes

Yelling Steve Carell GIF

15 Likes
14 Likes

It seems as if neither of them has ever seen another cockatoo before.

This is sad not funny. They are social birds that fly in flocks in the wild. They might be captive born and bred, and I’m sure that they have loving humans who care for them, but clearly they aren’t domesticated animals.

25 Likes

Those damn bed rats!

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, this one is a rescue; she was abused, apparently. The owner lives in western Canada and rescues these birds

6 Likes

Reminds me of a scene from a telenovela where a character believes he’s an only child, until…

:notes: Dun Dun Dunn :notes:

…he encounters his identical twin brother.

dramatic eva longoria GIF

7 Likes

James Joyce reincarnated and sharing unused bits from Ulysses.

7 Likes

It’s odd how, despite being nonsensical, the utterances mostly seemed to be divided into plausibly sentence-length chunks with short pauses between the words and longer ones between the sentences.

I wonder if the birb is correctly imitating that structural tendency in formatting its nonsense; or if it comes down to something more biomechanical, like the amount of talk time you get without having to pause and breath in, being sufficiently similar between cockatoos and humans.

9 Likes

Paola Bracho Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

10 Likes

Oh good, I’m not the only one.

12 Likes

The couple does seem to do a fair bit of rescue, mostly birds. At least that is my takeaway from their Youtube channel.

I am grateful for their work and generosity of spirit and time. And money.

9 Likes

it’s time for :sparkles:GLAM SALSA​:sparkles: - tumblr

[For some weird reason the 2nd sparkles don’t show up. Pfui.]

They are singing the song (and dancing the dance) of their people!

3 Likes

I was reminded of that story too and it’s a good one, Ted Chiang is great.

4 Likes

Now that these 2 poor lonely souls realize they aren’t the only one of their kind I hope they arrange for more visits. Wouldn’t it be great for them to get together in a space where they could fly with each other, touch each other and raise hell. They deserve to raise hell after being kept isolated all this time. Imagine 2 teenage humans finding one after a life of emptiness. The energy level would be unreal

6 Likes

We have flocks of hundreds of Sulphur Crested Cockatoos in town at times and in the evening they go to roost in trees and carry on screeching and shouting to each other as they settle for bed. Very smart, very social and very loud.

9 Likes

you can say that again but what’s the point…

I made this video in Katherine, NT. This was only half the flock.

10 Likes