Codependent cat waits for his human all day by the door

Our cat chitters uncontrollably whenever she sees any reflected light off any shiny surface; it’s both cute and sad, because there’s nothing there for her to actually hunt and kill.

3 Likes

If cats are stupid, I might be sub-stupid, because my cat regularly outsmarts me.

Classic example: he’s out in the alley. I look over the fence and see him. He’s just wandering around. I call for him, and he ignores me as cats will. Casually wanders toward a neighbour’s yard and disappears through a gap in the fence. Ok, whatever, he’ll come in when he’s ready. A few seconds later I turn around to go in… and he’s already waiting at the door. Covered about 100 feet and two fences in a ridiculously short time, without making a sound, after first pretending he didn’t want to come inside.

4 Likes

Two words: robot mouse.

When the Big Guy hasn’t hauled it into his stolen toy stash (seriously, he steals and hides all the toys), everyone else hunts the silly thing for days.

4 Likes

Kodi missed his human-shaped mattress.

1 Like

Can confirm; I just watched the video, and my cat came from beneath the couch to give me the WTF stare. Stopped the vid; cat went back beneath the couch. Started it again, and she came back glaring even harder.

5 Likes

Whenever I return home, I get a more angry-sounding version of the cry in this video. I call it the “Where were you?” meow, and it continues until she’s able to sit in my lap - probably to keep me from moving out of her sight again.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.