Cohen implicated Trump in at least 14 felonies today

Or one of many starts. The tip of one of many icebergs.

He literally got in trouble for lying that the president had been telling the truth. It’s amazing the self-owns by the Republicans right now.

Yeah, I think he needs to be impeached for the good of the democracy, to air the dirty laundry, regardless of outcome. (They’ll heap the charges on him once he’s out of office anyways.)

22 Likes

Because this country is jammed full of clods who can’t think except in sound bytes.

4 Likes

tng-picard-more-facepalm

17 Likes

I am a little disappointed they didn’t have the more click-baity headline - “Watch Cohen DESTROY his liberal testimony with this one weird trick.”

13 Likes

haha. you sound like a Trump lawyer.

4 Likes

Exactly. But I’m not sure they see how logically twisted that defense is. They’re through the looking glass trying to find the “deep state” in the same never-never-land where pizzagate and Qanon hang out together feeding their pet chupacabras.

It’s simple: by acknowledging that Cohen lied to both the FBI and Congress in his earlier testimony, you’re acknowledging that Cohen saying “Donald Trump didn’t do such-and-such” is the lie, and therefore Donald Trump DID do such-and-such.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

13 Likes

He’s saving them for the wall.

2 Likes

I made this a little while ago. Unlikely, but certainly deserved! In my little fantasy here, he whispers to Putin through the ball.

14 Likes

Is being a dick a felony? Asking for 63 million friends

5 Likes

I’ve had to swear off popcorn for news items, there was too much and it was making me sick.

7 Likes

tumblr_pni409QUme1ujinhho1_540

18 Likes

Well. This is a normal thing wherein a known purjuror is no longer a credible witness. What is being ignored is that Cohen came clean and was punished in the mueller investigation so anything he testified to before Congress is most likely factual to the testimony he gave Mueller.

Which means HE has corrabaration to his word and Nostradumbass is now the one who has to provide proof that Cohen is lying.

But yeah. GOP. Facts. They don’t mix.

9 Likes

For me the real forehead-slapper is that they’re simultaneously screaming “Cohen is a serial liar, career criminal and all-around scumbag!” while somehow avoiding the logical question “why did the President of the United States hire a serial liar, career criminal and all-around scumbag to look after his legal and personal interests for a decade?”

34 Likes

Does Trump know that the NFL will NEVER let him own a team? Running one football league into the ground is quite enough as far as the NFL is concerned. So he could be criminally charged for lying on a loan application to get the cash for something he would never be able to buy.

1 Like

But her emails…

7 Likes

“Want” is going to be damn hard to prove, but then again, we’re in the dumbest timeline. Odds are pretty decent Cohen texted right before his testimony yesterday, “I hope my testimony today doesn’t ruin my chances for that White House job I always wanted!”

5 Likes

Chris Christie asked an interesting question on that subject:

12 Likes

Chris Christie, forever sub to Trump’s dom.

7 Likes

Christie recently wrote a tell-all book claiming Trump is surrounded by “amateurs, grifters, weaklings and felons” but didn’t have enough backbone to put the blame for that situation on Trump or enough self-awareness to include himself in any of those groups.

19 Likes

Which is doubly hilarious, given how many MAGAcaps used the same one to proclaim “eight! Eight years in office!”
Now we’ll be able to use the exact same .gif for “Eight hundred! Eight hundred years in prison!”
Hopefully, anyway…

2 Likes