Colbert's A Late Show does a Super Bowl Sunday ad for a bookstore in Boone, NC

Originally published at: Colbert's A Late Show does a Super Bowl Sunday ad for a bookstore in Boone, NC | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Stephen Colbert… stimulating the economy.

10 Likes

Thank you, Stephen and Tom, for supporting a bookstore in NC. Warmed my heart!

8 Likes

all heroes read books, or something like that. what a wonderful thing. : )

7 Likes

Really, this was on behalf of all independent bookstores. I was about to purchase Marcus Aurelius’s Meditations on Amazon.ca when the guilt hit. I’ll call my local shop to see if they can get it.

8 Likes

Agree! I’ve got a small list of local bookstores I try to order from now, so I’m not tempted to use Amazon.

5 Likes

Good work Stephen. And for those of you who want to support small, local bookstores, skip the big A monster and use https://bookshop.org/. Ordering through them directs part of the proceeds to local stores, and you can also browse nearby stores who have affiliated with them.

Bookshop.org. I’m not just a client, I’m… well okay, I’m just a client, take that for what it’s worth.

8 Likes

Sigh. USA or UK only.

Oh, the temptation is there. Canadian book prices are outrageous. Even on Amazon: I could pay USD 15 on the dot com, or pay CAD 25 on dot ca. That’s about 20% more expensive after factoring in the exchange rate. Unfortunately, a local bookstore will charge even more. I pay it if its a few dollars difference. But I also challenge them so they know I know it’s costing me to shop there.

I’ll trade you for your socialized healthcare system.

5 Likes

Yeah, really.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.