College student dies after drinking Panera's "Charged Lemonade"

Me too, but for that to happen, I think we need to change things like the prevelance of “hustle culture” and other shitty, dehumanizing aspects of capitalism…

8 Likes

Trust me, I am with you on this. My caffeine requirement is way beyond what is probably considered safe, but it is what I need to keep the pace that is needed here. Cups need not apply, I measure in quarts! Which should not be, but again, this is where we are. Anybody know any pediatricians who want to work in the lovely Shenandoah Valley? We are hiring! Help would be lovely.

8 Likes

Oh, I know!

Feel The Bern Strike GIF by Bernie Sanders

Like Dave Foley in Newsradio… i feel ya!

I wish I did! I’d send them along!

7 Likes

Thanks for that! Yeah, I let “approximately” do too much heavy lifting!

My understanding is that for patients with Long QT who either can’t or won’t take beta blockers, the alternative is a pacemaker. Even that isn’t too expensive these days, though obviously more invasive.

4 Likes

…and then:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve brought that up with some. The “advantage” is that there is a really strong genetic component to it, and so most know of a relative who had a sudden cardiac death, and will desperately try to not go that way. But not always. Teenagers are invulnerable, you know.

5 Likes

I donno, but I can report that my own caffeine tolerance has decreased over the years. I get jittery at 3 espresso shots, whereas in my 20s I don’t think I reached the limit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.