Colorado is a land of private affluence and public squalor

Prop 13 has wrecked the state and turned it into a combination of “death by a thousand mini taxes” and “still no $$ to fix the pipes and roads.”

1 Like

The whole university acronym thing is a mess! When my son was applying to schools I tried to get info on Carnegie Mellon by entering CMU into Google, but got hits for Central Michigan University.

My alma mater heavily uses its acronym, ASU, but it is not arizona state university. That took some getting used to when I was first looking for the website…

Ummm…Colorado School of Mines is in Golden, CO. …where they make Coors beer and find dinosaur fossils under the golf course. You can make fun of Golden, but at least they’re not chock-full of Creationists or Flat-Earthers.

Colorado Springs is home to ‘Focus on the Family’, and whenever I think my little Denver hood is feeling gritty and unsafe, I wind up driving through Colorado Springs, which looks like smog particles succumbed to gravity and coated a very large tract housing development. “Boy, you better’d drive real fast…”

Same with Orange County, CA.

That’s not democracy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.