Colorado tap water spiked with THC

So disappointed.

6 Likes

It’s probably a disinformation plot to counter teenage dehydration.

11 Likes

It’s both, as hydrophobicity is a sliding scale.

The most common way of measuring hydrophobicity is by octanol-water partition value- THC has a very high value of about 9,000,000, meaning that it’s 9 million times more soluble in octanol than it is in water.

But it is very slightly soluble in water; about 2.8mg will dissolve in a litre of water.

10 Likes

If they’re testing urine, it would be reasonable to use water as a reference.

1 Like

Oh, so that’s where I left my weed.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly!!! :clap:

Even if you if you lyposomally encapsulated it with an emulsifier to make it water soluble the amount you would need to contaminate a water supply would be worth so much money that this claim is absolutely ridiculous. The town officials who are faking this obviously failed chemistry.

I’m betting $$$ that this is an outright lie and a political propaganda piece from the “prohibition county” in Colorado. They are trying to scare people into maintaining prohibition in a state where the financial and economic benefits of allowing legal marijuana would be a huge much needed boon to their local economy.

Sounds like Reefer Madness!!! Quick hide the women folk and circle the wagons! \s

10 Likes

At least they don’t have to make a very big circle. Hugo’s basically a glorified highway rest stop.

7 Likes

Who even noticed this?

4 Likes

Works just fine in my special marijuana vinaigrette. Just make sure to use lotsa mustard.

8 Likes

I was thinking about getting a tanker truck, heading up there, and loading up. Bring it home, add some lemon Crystal Light, and I can get $5 a dose for it here in SoCal! And it’s going to be a hot weekend, I’ll sell out! :wink:

4 Likes

It’s what [trans]plants crave!

Brings a totally new level to the whole food truck / food trailer idea. Be sure to set up your tanker right near the ice cream vendor, or perhaps the nacho vendor.

Holistic market synergy blah blah late-stage capitalism blah blah etc.

So… what to name the drink coming outta your tanker…?

4 Likes

contaminated…

9 Likes

I think the next step down from “villian” after “supervillian” has got to be “sub-villain”, or “microvillian”. The henchman’s union could probably clarify further.

4 Likes

Better than lead, I suppose.

10 Likes

I think it’s a plot dreamed up by the mayor to attract investment in a bottling plant, myself. “Mountain High” bottled water would pretty much sell itself.

4 Likes

My heart goes out to those on parole/probation or in drug treatment. A positive drug screen can mean anything from revoked work privileges to a full on parole violation resulting in prison time. This is no joke for people in that situation. Are there private prisons in Colorado? Parole violations means more tasty tasty inmates. Hmmm.

1 Like

Turns out it was all about a false positive test anyway.

14 Likes

Bullshit propaganda. The people who reported it are not competent to be discussing the subject, and shouldn’t be treated as credible by anyone, ever again.

7 Likes

It’s irritating how many news articles, even ones published after the positive test results were shown to have been false, say that traces of THC were initially found in the water, as if it suddenly vanished once more accurate tests were run.

3 Likes

Talk about harshing the buzz, man… :slight_smile:

3 Likes