Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play "Come Together"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/08/colt-clark-and-the-quarantine.html

7 Likes

That’s a wonderful thing.

20 Likes

Best thing today.

That little girl rocks!

19 Likes

Adorbs!

Also some legit talent :guitar: :drum: :guitar: :musical_note: :dancer:

5 Likes

that dancer rocks. my favorite move is the smooth-leftward-floss / awkward-transition / smooth-rightward-floss / repeat

18 Likes

Cute.

I’ve been listening to this version for most of the week:

8 Likes

Music education for the win.My county wants to put music and arts educators to work supporting other subjects during the quarantine and ignore music and arts.

9 Likes

Even has the right bass.

4 Likes

Teh Cute! I iz ded!

4 Likes

Better than Bez!

4 Likes

This adorable family cranks out about one new video a day. There is an entire discography on Youtube.

I have a new found hope for humanity: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDA5r8KAXgg1lJasipG0fRA/videos

7 Likes

If it weren’t for the dancer, I’d be bored. Such energy! She’s hilarious.

2 Likes

“watergate does not bother me”

Funny, I lived in Alabama back in 2003 and never really HEARD this lyric till now. Nixon and his lack of consequences bought us Trump. Strange to hear this in pop culture.

4 Likes

I don’t often subscribe to YouTube channels, but I need more musical delight in my life, and this fits.

But Paul plays the left bass…

2 Likes

Should have had the little girl play a rotary phone for the “shoot me” part…

The lack of consequences was part of Van Zandt’s point – Sweet Home Alabama was not an endorsement of Nixon, it was a defense against Neil Young accusing all Southerners of being racists. Northerners had only done so much about Nixon and then, somehow, kept going on with their lives. A lot of Southerners (not enough, but many) weren’t racists and they did “in Birmingham they love the governor, but we all did what we could do (boo, boo, boo)”, but kept living their lives.

1 Like

I heard on the radio trivia show “Minds Over Matter” that “Come Together” was originally written for Timothy Leary’s Presidential campaign.

1 Like

Pretty tight. Pretty tight. The young lady has the syncopated egg down.

1 Like