New Zealand battles anti-vax protestors with Barry Manilow and the Macarena

Originally published at: New Zealand battles anti-vax protestors with Barry Manilow and the Macarena | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Why would they think that would work? The anti vax types love garbage like Kid Rock and Ted Nugent

11 Likes
7 Likes

Barry Manilow is too good for these fascist scumbags.* I’d suggest blasting the Kars4Kids jingle non-stop instead.

[* Keep in mind that the anti-vaxx nonsense is a cover for the organisers’ real agenda]

19 Likes

They also added James Blunt, at his own request.

13 Likes

Should have played “What’s New Pussycat” twelve times in a row.

10 Likes
8 Likes

Amateurs. Baby Shark FTW!

13 Likes

10 Likes

Yes indeed, that ad (Kars4Kids) is one of a shocking few which will promote a panicked fumbling for the mute button. ("next up is any of several slowed off-key renditions of “What a Wonderful World”)

5 Likes

From what I’ve read, the commercial isn’t even the worst thing about what seems to be a very shady charity.

7 Likes

Obviously the police’s psyop division is not on point. Might I suggest raw black metal, Merzbow, Sunn O))), Keiji Haino’s “Hard-y Guid-y Man” or Nurse With Wound’s “Spiral Insana”? (Soft Cell’s “Tainted Dub” might also serve the cause.)

4 Likes

Last night’s half time show would get me to leave although I did watch the whole show so I cold talk about it with my kid.

I hadn’t seen the Kars4Kids in a while. Thank you, I missed it.

1 Like

They tried that and it backfired.

7 Likes

This was posted in another thread…

18 Likes

May I suggest some streaming hot garbage for the kiwis to use?

3 Likes

Los Del Rio’s 1990s pop hit “Macarena” is also among tunes being played on a 15-minute loop

I normally don’t condone torture, but I’m willing to make an exception.

6 Likes

I couldn’t listen to the entire song. Ram Ranch is currently sitting at 20 million views:

3 Likes

Oh gods, that just encouraged them. The song itself sounds like the entity playing it approves of the protesters. What were they thinking? (Also, it’s kind of a fundamentally inoffensive song that seems like it would be easy to tune out over time, so it fails on all levels.)

Ok, now we’re talking. It’s not enough to have an annoying song (though endless repeats would help there), it needs to actively mock these idiots and their fashy values.

9 Likes

I would recommend The Song That Never Ends.

7 Likes