New Zealand battles anti-vax protestors with Barry Manilow and the Macarena

I think they need to go scorched earth here. Hire Gilbert Gottfried and Bobcat Goldthwaite to do spoken word covers of every wheels on the bus style kids song they can find.

5 Likes

Originally published at: New Zealand weaponizing Barry Manilow and James Blunt against vaccine mandate protestors | Boing Boing

4 Likes
4 Likes

I recommend I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles over and over.

4 Likes

I used to visit a large, well-regarded seafood restaurant in downtown Shanghai which played an instrumental cover of ‘My Heart will go on’ on repeat ad nauseam.

You could literally end up hearing it 15 times over the course of a meal.

6 Likes

This whole debacle has mystified me from the beginning. They’re blocking an international route (or Parliament in the case of NZ). Fucking tow them. BLM marches and the cops send every stripe of white supremacist terrorists at them, but they can’t figure out how to open up traffic at a busy international crossing. This stupidity should have been over by the end of the first day, now it’s a “movement”.

9 Likes

That’s to discourage “camping”, that’s my guess…

2 Likes

James Blunt looped, “you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful…it’s truuutiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful…”

…would make me get any shot to make it stop.

Props to James for rolling with it though haha

3 Likes

I guess they couldn’t get the rights to “Never gonna let you go.”

2 Likes

Baby Shark being fun and catchy is why it was everywhere in the first place. For it to get annoying the cops needed commitment: they needed to keep playing it on repeat, endlessly - briefly stopping at random intervals or when they spot kids, just long enough for those kids to whine and pester their parents about putting Baby Shark on again. Play it morning and night, bring buses of socially distanced and masked school kids past singing it acapella and off-key, vary the volume from barely audible to incredibly loud -again totally at random.

3 Likes

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

5 Likes

Einstürzende Neubauten, The Residents, Captain Beefheart’s less than melodic offerings, achy breaky heart, how much is that doggie in the window…

That is all the Difficult Listening I can think of at the moment, some of which I love, some of which I hate.

5 Likes

TUflashyblu

4 Likes

Ugh! I forgot toddlers love that song.

How about Muskrat Love or Puberty Love? Or 10 hours of Motionless and Obedient? Very popular among the Boov!

2 Likes
4 Likes

The tow companies say it’s very hard to tow a heavy truck without the co-operation of the driver. It’s possible but it takes a very long time for each truck. Tow truck companies don’t feel safe or comfortable sending people to work on a truck the driver doesn’t want moved. No one can keep the trucks from driving right back to some inconvenient location after they’ve been towed either.
Even then, all the heavy tow companies rely on the trucking companies for business and none of them wants to show up and do it.

3 Likes

He is really on fire recently, owning his one hit wonder status

5 Likes

The question is, do they actually listen to the lyrics? Because I suspect they don’t and accordingly won’t be put off.

I was about to suggest Memphis Kansas Breeze but they probably wouldn’t even realise they’re being mocked.

4 Likes
5 Likes

James Blunt is a treasure.

@the_borderer

I’ll repeat myself; James Blunt is a treasure.

@Doctor_Faustus

And again; James Blunt is a treasure.

5 Likes