Jordan Klepper visits the "anti-mandate" trucker convoy

Originally published at: Jordan Klepper visits the "anti-mandate" trucker convoy | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That one guy: “I can’t go to a restaurant, I can’t play hockey or go to a Senator’s game.” Lot’s of fragile, white whinging in one short comment!

Hey, jackass, you did this to yourself. I can go to a restaurant, play hockey and attend NHL games. Why? Because I’m not a ginormous, selfish baby about getting life-saving vaccines. [I’ll be eligible for the pneumonia shot late this year, and dammit, I’m getting that vaccine, too (and shingles because fuck that noise).]

62 Likes

Klepper:

“Are you afraid of cultural appropriation?”

Dumbass:

“…probably”

Klepper:

“American cultural appropriation, because we use the German excuse all the time”

:joy:

19 Likes

When stupid comes to town poster boys.

10 Likes

Klepper’s interviews are like Baron Cohen without costume.

12 Likes

All this fucking wasted money, time, and effort just to avoid a shot that might cause you discomfort for what…a day?

saturday night live snowflakes GIF by HULU

31 Likes

Their protest, whatever they think it’s about, will accomplish one good thing: taking extremely stupid and twitchy people who really have no business holding a license to drive a heavy vehicle off Canada’s highways.

29 Likes

I’ve done the 3rd Covid shot, annual flu shot, both shingles shots (2nd one made me sick for 1-1/2 days but NEVER want to have shingles again, so OK) and the high priced pneumonia vaccine. I’ll be getting the free pneumonia shot this summer because my Dr. says it really boosts effectiveness.
These assholes that want all restrictions lifted NOW are self centered babies. I love the healthcare workers picketing the convoy parades!

18 Likes

So many good lines by Klepper!
“It smells of…Amphetamines and (sniffs) drifter blood.”

And did you see that truly impressive mohawk at the end?

Oh, and @IronEdithKidd , I felt like telling that guy, “you know who else can’t go to pro sports games and restaurants? Poor people, asshole. It’s not a fucking right, it’s a privilege.”

24 Likes

Making mountains out of molehills is fast becoming Canada’s leading industry. Consider the celebrity of Jordan Peterson. How long does it take to say a pronoun exactly? A fraction of a second?
On the plus side, let’s go skiing!

4 Likes

As a Canadian I find all this and the border blockades incredibly embarrassing.
Shows we have our share of morons like everyone else.
Idiot GIF by Gordon Ramsay

17 Likes

I think you’ve said you’re Canadian before? Hope you haven’t had a gaggle of nurses refuse to get vaxxed like we’ve seen in the US. It’s just beyond stupid and irresponsible.

[edt] @ClutchLinkey: most excellent point. Clearly all the participants in this “protest” are wealthy. No one else could afford the loss of income or the coming shitstorm of lawsuits and/or jail time.

15 Likes

Irony. I’m a Canadian, in Canada. I guess the border blockade has cut off the video for me.

“Pretty much all you need to know… right here.”

14 Likes

Opera browser is your friend, pal.

2 Likes

I just use a VPN, no big deal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

19 Likes

That’s maybe a little too on the nose. :rofl:

14 Likes

Being that this is in Canada, I’m a little disappointed they didn’t use sleds or sleighs. That looks like a real pain in the ass, carrying that guy through the snow.
Glad they’re finally upholding the laws, though! However ungainly it looks.

11 Likes

Leaving aside the conspiracy theories about what they (may or may not) think the vaccine actually does to you, it’s not really about what the vaccine does to them, but an anger at the demand that they do something that helps others. (Especially when the “others” includes groups they’d rather harm than help.) This is why anti-vaccine people are fairly consistently also anti-mask.

17 Likes

The number of healthcare workers refusing to get vaccinated are smaller than in the US. B.C. has a really high vaccination rate across all age groups and occupations. 85.9% have 1 dose, 81.19% have their 2nd dose and 47.61% have their 3rd dose.
I completely agree with your last sentence. There are a few nurses that must have skipped their infectious diseases and vaccine classes in nursing school. Some have been fired. Both patient care and support staff still working, depending on province, have been given deadlines to be vaccinated or be suspended from work without pay.

15 Likes