Columbia students and allies - a roundup of news

8 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

A reminder that one of the last schools to get involved has already worked out a compromise. It is possible to negotiate in good faith.

11 Likes
10 Likes

These guys really have been doing a stellar job. It’s like Teen Vogue: the younger generation continues to show true professionalism and journalistic integrity.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Sorry for the info dump! I’ve been traveling across multiple states and my device basically died so I’m catching up now.

14 Likes

Thank you for checking in during travel!

8 Likes

… of course, if pro-Palestinian people wore masks and hit people with clubs I somehow doubt the media would refer to them as “protesters” :thinking:

8 Likes

that part seems completely reasonable to me

There was a lot of debate about the IHRA definition of antisemitism in UK academic circles a couple of years ago, before the war, when it was being widely adopted by universities. Briefly, the definition seems fine but the examples that come with it conflate criticism of Israel or anti-Zionism with antisemitism. Here’s a good summary of the criticisms:

7 Likes

They BARELY call them protesters now.

6 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

No Way Wow GIF by CBC

6 Likes

Strangely, no resolutions about Islamophobia coming from congress…

13 Likes

The Lemkin Institute for Genocide Prevention - Statement in Support of Students, Faculty at Columbia University

8 Likes

Modeling a ceasefire for our leaders.

Edit because Mediaite is gold today:

5 Likes

Indeed they are:

:laughing:

6 Likes
10 Likes