Columbus statue trips, falls into lake

Chris fall down and go boom. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I learned that in 4th grade. My evil teacher made us spell “Giovanni Cabato“

5 Likes
14 Likes

That’s great!

Our local school system was supposedly one of the best in the country, but massive flaws were obvious to me once kindergarten began.

4 Likes

Apparently I came home from my first day in kindergarten absolutely furious, vowing never to return. They weren’t going to teach me to read, you see.

4 Likes

I’m so glad you learned to read despite their best efforts!

Your teacher musta been at least as crap as mine. Mine even said absurd things like, “My stars!” and “My land!”

She caused me endless problems re: reading, too. We visited the school library once a month, and she refused to let me check out the books I wanted. She was convinced they were much too advanced for me, but I’d been reading the editorial pages since I was 4. I didn’t bother telling her so, b/c I figured she’d never believe it, even were I to provide details of nixon’s latest brilliant 2-Year Plan.

Thus began my long struggle against authority figures who did their best to keep me away from the books I wanted to read.

10 Likes

Not to disagree with the underlying point but, you know, with what’s been tolerated it kind of does seem like large portion of everyone did.

7 Likes

Another one bites the dust. (Sadly it sounds like one person was injured this time, hope they are OK.)

9 Likes

I wish this could have been done without centuries of racism and exploitation.

2 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

On balance, I wish you hadn’t. Ugh!!

4 Likes

The sculptor was familiar with normal sized hands.

1 Like
3 Likes

They just believe the holocaust was fake news…

4 Likes

This is why I volunteered to help in the library. Shelve one, borrow two… :books:

4 Likes

Amen!

3 Likes

Our library wouldn’t hire me, and they weren’t taking volunteers, so I wound up working in bookstores.

3 Likes

The statue will be taken to a secure location to be hosed down before becoming a museum exhibit.

Is this a polite euphemism for being collectively urinated upon?

8 Likes

The pigeons have already had their say, and most plinths provide a useful function late in the evening, so why not. Maybe turning statues into urinals could become a Covid-industry.

2 Likes

Perhaps we could see if Andres Serrano would be interested in a new commission.

2 Likes