Combining memory foam with infrared recovery, this pillow might change how you sleep

I was wondering what this pillow reminded me of… and yes, this it is.

4 Likes

Buckwheat hulls (or spelt hulls) pillows FTW!

I can only recommend people try them, I was surprised how much of a difference that made to my sleep. They’re really cheap over here, too, about €20 for a 40x80cm pillow, so there’s not much harm in trying. If you’re into that sort of thing, you can also get a fully organic variant. Or you just buy organic hulls when you exchange the filling after a year or two.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the advertising is completely separate from the actual blog.
At least they leave the comments turned on so we can rag on the most stupid products.

8 Likes

Well…it’s cheaper than alcohol, so there’s that.

3 Likes

I wish advertising could be targeted to match my actual interests … while still ensuring anonymity. I will never buy a pickup truck. I will consider a 24V recharging torque screwdriver. I will never buy female hygiene products. I might be tempted to switch hand moisturizer. There has to be a better way to play matchmaker between consumer and producer.

1 Like

With a toasted head, the user will have somewhere to spread their toe-jam.

2 Likes

I think they are using the word ‘found’ here in the same way it is used in terms like ‘found art’.

It’s ‘found science’, as in “oh, we found this odd scrap of lost and abandoned science over here so we just randomly plonked it into our marketing bullshit, for effect”.

ETA ('cos no more than two consecutive posts are allowed now…)

But beware going too far. I’ve had posts re the store ruthlessly moderated into non-existence (deleted) before now. It seems ok to treat it all as a big joke that drives posts and ‘engagement’ (which is a fair strategy) but not ok to take it seriously and question it to the point of protest. That way lies the ‘disappointed’ list - which nobody wants to be on. I’ve heard it’s worse than the naughty step. :wink:

And anyway, it’s all our own fault!

Stackcommerce underlies the BBstore and among the other things they say to their prospective publishers is this:
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 13.05.01

We are the audience and these products are based on our demographics and our buying behaviour. So there! (Or, maybe, Stackcommerce’s algorithms are crap?)

Of course, many think that a lot of the store products really are just rotten crapgadgets. But some products may indeed have some real merit. Who knows, this pillow may be a decent pillow - but the bullshit marketing claims made for some of these products is what justifiably gets most ridicule, as evidenced in this thread.

1 Like

Pro tip: never stick your head in an oven. Any oven!

Time to throw down the gauntlet. Who can write the most far-outiest ad copy for a pillow? Contributions please.

When something says “boosts oxygen levels”, it’s for people who don’t know what oxygen is.

3 Likes

It definitely is separate and I wasn’t trying to say otherwise, but the Boing Boing staff chose this garbage company and continues to allow them to spew their woo on the pages of this site. There are a lot of anti-woo articles here and then they allow these people to promote the worst kinds of ww. They need more editorial control over these ads, or they should choose a company that is more in line with their views.

4 Likes

Imagine. Getting heat returned as infrared.

What modern marvels will they think of next. Truly advanced technology.

:thinking:

4 Likes

the infrared has been found to improve circulation, boost oxygen levels to increase muscle and tissue strength, promote relaxation, reduce stress and even help soothe aching or inflamed joints.

Wow, amazing. But really, does is work as well as colloidal silver?

2 Likes

But, alcohol>toast.

2 Likes

I believe this pillow works best when shoved way up inside your ladyparts

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.