Combining memory foam with infrared recovery, this pillow might change how you sleep

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/12/combining-memory-foam-with-inf.html

Bio-Ceramic gel?

10 Likes

the infrared has been found to improve circulation, boost oxygen levels to increase muscle and tissue strength, promote relaxation, reduce stress and even help soothe aching or inflamed joints.

Oh thank christ. Because I always worry that I’m not relaxed enough … when I’m asleep?

5 Likes

8 Likes

I sleep better when I have a tiny bit of self respect left.

9 Likes

Will all the drool pouring out of my mouth as I sleep short out this pillow’s infrared heating system? Asking for a friend.

9 Likes

Much softer than bio-concrete, I suppose.

2 Likes

mr pillow

5 Likes

" bio-ceramic gel that’s been found to have some pretty restorative effects on the body as well"
Citation needed, plus a double blind study please.

4 Likes

In addition to diffusing heat and offering a cooler sleep, the gel returns that heat in the form of infrared energy.

So…let me get this right…you get a cooler sleep while the pillow is keeping your head hot.

And if by making your head warmer there is more heat going to your periphery - to salve those aching joints - couldn’t you get the same effect by wearing a beanie or a balaclava - for way cheaper?

Oops, that wouldn’t give you the magic cooling effect.

5 Likes

Just so I’m reading this correctly-- the pillow slow-roasts my brain with infrared radiation-- like a toaster oven, right?

10 Likes

Cool, I already have a toaster oven.

3 Likes

‘Boing Boing’s Shop’ has reached a new low. Why does the staff allow this garbage?

8 Likes

I don’t think these are real products. Look at all the the ads for summary apps. This has to be some lame performance art.

4 Likes

Does anyone know about the company owner’s political views.

Fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice…

1 Like

You make that sound like a negative?

I love toast.

3 Likes

Only buckwheat hulls pillows pour moi.

3 Likes

Next on GOOP (oh sorry, thought I must be at that site…)

If any of the staff start offering genital scented candles…

2 Likes

+1 heart. They have a cookie cutter response for statements like that. It goes something like: “sorry to disappoint you” and “you do not make decisions for us”.

Did Rob write this? Pretty sure advances in the pillow arts doesn’t refer to making better pillows… Seems like the kind of pun he might like. Either way, I’m not sure using a giant pot scrubbing sponge as a pillow is really an “advancement”. :thinking:

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 11.57.52 PM

Still, I have to give props for out BSing Goop with the claim to make a cooling pillow that “converts” radiant heat into infrared heat it reflects back on the user. I’m looking forward to this BBS store infrared refrigerator:

TempHeater

6 Likes