The Refresh Memory Foam Pillow is breathable and wicks away moisture as you sleep

Originally published at: The Refresh Memory Foam Pillow is breathable and wicks away moisture as you sleep | Boing Boing

What does the pillow do with the moisture after wicking it away? Is there something like the saliva trap on a brass instrument?

6 Likes

So, a big sponge to rest ones head on.

2 Likes

i assume it turns into a water pillow, filled with my warm drool.

4 Likes

I got one of these “sponge” pillows, it’s multi-layered so you can adjust for your specific vertebrae, and I do find it nice, comfort-wise. And it stays cooler than other more traditional pillows.
But re:questions about where the moisture goes…it evaporates, leaving you with a concentrated version of your night smells. Like a potpourri of drool and head sweat. Not awesome. I have only had mine a few months, and haven’t figured out how to wash it yet, but it needs a good airing out. I never realized how forgiving the old down pillows were!

2 Likes

Buckwheat hulls, sobakawa, which the Japanese have used for centuries as pillow stuffing also allow for cool sleeping and good support. That’s what I use.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.