Comedian mocks beaten women

They certainly seem to have a type. :frowning:

12 Likes

He could inspire much laughter though if irony meets him in a dark alley just outside some comedy club.

3 Likes

Couldn’t resist editing that, Sugarplum. Hope you don’t mind.

7 Likes

“That act is terrible, what’s it called?”
“Muh Mariftochaa.”

4 Likes

Performance_DaveChappelle_2_14_46_PM_6_4_2021.6b4a3c93722115a85e449853a0c7b6d2536

7 Likes

It was the jocks versus the geeks, but there was always misogyny in both groups. I think what is happening now is that misogynistic jocks and misogynistic geeks are putting their differences aside to make sure the foundations of patriarchy stay entrenched.

9 Likes

Wow what a fucking piece of shit.

9 Likes

I mean… isn’t that what I said? :thinking:

8 Likes

I’m always down to watch Netflix stand-up specials and I click on all manner of comics, recognized or not (I had never heard of this person before). I’ve been pleasantly surprised and rarely have I had to just stop the playback before finishing.

But this guy, this tool, I don’t think I made it 20 minutes into his set before I shut it off & downvoted it. The whole “dudebro” shtick of his act, coupled with the blatant misogyny, was a bridge too far. The “black eye” remark comes right at the beginning and I remember thinking: “OK, maybe he’ll somehow call back to it in a clever way that will somehow redeem the offensive line.”

But no, he didn’t and I nope’d out right there.

4 Likes

Redeeming that line would be quite the achievement. I don’t know that I have ever seen it done with anything close to as hateful.

7 Likes

Agreed. I stuck around far longer than I should have. I’m ashamed I continued watching and should have stopped playback right then and there.

2 Likes

Yes, didn’t see your comment

3 Likes

This is so not funny. Maybe he should look for another line of work. Say, how about Latrine Attendant".

3 Likes

I think his act is Rife with terrible ‘jokes’.

See - I can be a shitty comedian too.

4 Likes

on a similar note…

I think the only reason I continue to reference some of George Carlin’s skits is because despite their age, and despite the obvious hostility he devolved to over the years, it’s still capable of making a point.

But this guy? just an asshole.

7 Likes

Comedians are funny. I don’t see a comedian anywhere in this story, I just see a giant inflamed asshole.

5 Likes

Even Louis CK made a good point once, “When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don’t get to decide that you didn’t.”

6 Likes

I would ask if you were comparing this bunghole to Goatsie; but that’s a bit of a stretch.

3 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.