Watch: Trump's "jokes" that get people sick, injured, and killed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/21/watch-trumps-jokes-that-get-people-sick-injured-and-killed.html

5 Likes

Where do I recognize this behavior from? Oh yeah, every bully I’ve ever known.

29 Likes

Again:

28 Likes

It’s weird how the common excuses oh he was having fun! What a weird gross sad way to have “fun”, but I guess if you find no pleasure from life (as it was always handed to you) it really is “fun” to watch the suffering of others.

Four more years, FFFUUUUUNNNN !!!

14 Likes

23 Likes

When this clown says, “I was just kidding” he really means, “I was talking to my people, not to the majority.” Whoever “his” people are, they get the “joke”. Everyone else can die in a covid epidemic, as far as he cares.

17 Likes

I made a version of this with a much better end tag.

8 Likes

They just don’t get it.

4 Likes

There are fables and folk tales that teach basic lessons about this very sort of “joking”. Seems like someone needs to join a children’s reading hour…many times over.

6 Likes

Right?

No one ever read 45 the Boy Who Cried Wolf, I guess…

5 Likes

Interesting and somewhat disturbing article in the NY Times about left-wing and right-wing humor right now. How comedians have had a problem satirizing Trump (because he’s already a joke character, essentially), and how the right claims to be “joking” or “sarcastic” when either trying to normalize an offensive idea - that they then propose seriously, later - or as a “defense” when something they say gets people mad. It wasn’t really anything new, but it articulated it nicely.

4 Likes

I’m not sure my President knows what sarcasm is? Here’s a handy guide to tell when someone is being sarcastic: 4 Ways to Tell if Someone Is Being Sarcastic
via wikiHow

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.