Comedian mocks beaten women

Originally published at: Comedian mocks beaten women | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Christ, what a retrograde asshole.

:face_vomiting:

21 Likes

I wondered why this guy who I’d never heard of started showing up in my YouTube Shorts feed recently. Now I know. He had a Netflix special coming out. The short stuff I saw on YouTube was, at best, cringey, and, at worst, offensive. So this doesn’t surprise me at all.

15 Likes

Ugh… what a fucking unfunny loser…

Joe Proctor Lol GIF by Power

18 Likes

Ah, the pretty boy comedian who uses “his Black friends” as an excuse for why he’s such a dick.

12 Likes

I saw this one on the bbs recently, but can’t find the post. It belongs here too.

ETA: it was @Melizmatic who posted it. Thanks for the pointer, @Mindysan33

The full text of the Twitter essay is below, and is googleable on X, for now. It was in response to one of the many racist remarks by TFG that some tried to pass off as “just jokes”. As we all know, everything below applies equally to misogyny as it does to racism.

31 Likes

Comedian Arsehole mocks beaten women

21 Likes

I think the title “comedian” is being misapplied here.

11 Likes

Fx Networks Cooking GIF by The Bear

14 Likes

I so wish the headline was “Women beat mocking comedian”.

14 Likes

Honestly, what is the world coming to when you can’t make light of someone else’s trauma? There might be real women getting beaten out there, but what about my ego? I’m not normalizing misogyny and violence. If people think it’s okay to beat women just because I thought it was funny, that’s their problem, I didn’t tell them to do it. I’m just being cancelled over a joke! Freeze Peach! /s

8 Likes

I want to say that @Melizmatic might have posted that in the past? Absolutely worth repeating, each and every time there is some story about an asshole who justifies their shitty views by saying “it was a joke”…

19 Likes

It used to feel like the jocks vs. the geeks. Now the geeks ARE jocks, and they don’t GAF about anybody else. We’ve created the perfect apathetic machine. Who’s also creating apathetic machines.

14 Likes

Ugh. That joke is not only ugly and mean, it’s completely unfunny. What an asshole this guy is.

13 Likes

Honestly, I think lots of guy geeks were ALWAYS like this… they just hid it a bit better than the jocks. :sob:

20 Likes

mansplaining get out of here kick

Eat steel meme

14 Likes

I’m actually working on a new joke at the moment. It’s not going too well and I feel the need to reach out for some help.

The basic idea is that a stand-up comedian makes a joke so offensive that an audience member pinches him in the mouth, and he has to do the rest of his routine in a muffled voice, or something.

Does it have any legs?

3 Likes

“Well, that joke had no teeth, and now neither do I. Tip your waitstaff, folks. G’night.”

11 Likes

OK, quite trite, but I think justified.
86ykbv

17 Likes

That’s why the name is familiar. I read about him in the NYT last week:

The answer is that they can be funny, but not if they’re rolling out stale garbage like this.

Anyone who finds this guy “relatable” should check themselves.

12 Likes