Commie Library of Memes

This little gag doesn’t fit the theme of the discussion exactly, but I’m reminded of it by your post

Like, there are people who believe that the law is working perfectly as intended, nobody forges documents, nobody reneges on contracts, etc, because “it’s illegal.” Like not paying your employees for overtime-- never happens because “it’s illegal.”
Criminals, they all wear masks and rob you on the street. The worst part is, go ahead call the police-- you aren’t getting your wallet back, they’ll file a report and you might get a spoonful of victim blaming depending on where it happened.
Oh the police, the president, they would never break the law, because surely someone would hold them accountable, see, the law is working just fine. Does this make sense as an analysis? Would love to hear more thoughts!

12 Likes

Yeah, that makes perfect to me. I know many people who think exactly like that. That sure, some miscreants get away with things sometimes, but generally “the law” works just fine. Of course, being privileged in various ways tends to heighten that kind of obliviousness.

8 Likes

Reminds me of this classic…

Lyrics…

“For a rich man’s militia/ photographing my block…”

5 Likes

26 Likes

Kinda like that old joke:

How do cops shut down a Klan rally?
They go home.

21 Likes
19 Likes

Based Lincoln

17 Likes

18 Likes

j-law-perfection

8 Likes

12 Likes

19 Likes

That’s what happens when there’s even one bad apple. Soon they will all be bad.

7 Likes

One bad apple spoils the whole barrel.

That’s why departments that tolerate even one bad actor are completely rotten.

11 Likes

15 Likes

“Create a central bank”? Talk about murder, arson and jaywalking…

4 Likes

They need the central bank to streamline the theft of resources. You didn’t think that the country’s citizens would be in control of it, did you?

see also

12 Likes

22 Likes

It is easier to rob by setting up a bank than by holding up a bank clerk.
Bertolt Brecht

9 Likes

25 Likes

15 Likes