Company will send you a free 55-inch TV with ads playing non-stop at the bottom and camera tracking your behavior

Does this monitoring station have an off-switch… or maybe an unintentional blind spot?

We have always been at war with rampant capitalism.

13 Likes

I bet they can crank the gain on the mic to listen outside the room.

3 Likes

hell no.

The only way this could be worse is if the sales people have to buy the merchandise themselves.

4 Likes
6 Likes

10 Likes

“now subpoenaeble in every state in the republic of Gilead.”

7 Likes

Get 2 of them and point them at each other and see what happens?

6 Likes

100%, and also *yoink

7 Likes
3 Likes

No thanks, I’ve seen that episode of Black Mirror.

4 Likes

I didn’t think that was possible apart from expensive presentation displays. Would you mind sharing the brand/model?

6 Likes

Old Fashioned Applause GIF
It would be interesting to see at what point you start getting calls from steaming companies threatening to sue use for commercial streaming usage. (Add a recording and one of those random motion cat toys to cover the other spy sensors.)

4 Likes

We snagged it cheap at Best Buy, Insignia is the brand. Not sure if it’s their house brand. 1080p, decent enough picture quality but some weird quirks, like the slow bootup time and volume doesn’t seem to have many stops. Scale goes from 1-100, but it seems like too loud and too quiet are the main options.

7 Likes

“OK, OK, how about this: instead of a Trojan horse, when don’t we just straight-up send in a phalanx?”

6 Likes

Pah, nobody uses a phalanx machine any more.

7 Likes

Im Not No Way GIF

3 Likes

Well, THAT’S true.

Everyone has moved on to Aeneas*-mail for secure communication…
.*Tacticus

4 Likes

We have the best nerds here :grin::+1:

6 Likes

octopus scariest shit ever GIF

6 Likes

If nothing else, this thread will bring out all the best nope themed gif the interwebz have on offer!

7 Likes