Compare Edo prints with Art Nouveau posters in person

Originally published at: Compare Edo prints with Art Nouveau posters in person | Boing Boing

4 Likes

It’s a shame it is only in Seattle, might have to spring for a catalogue, although that is never as good as the real thing.

2 Likes

Man, this sort of exhibit would be right up my alley!

3 Likes

There’s also a fantastic accompanying show at the downtown Seattle Art Museum on master printmaker Hokusai, he of the famous views of Mt. Fuji, and his influence and influences. Running through January. Hokusai

3 Likes

I am jealous. I love making prints and the impressionist-influenced Japanese woodblock prints are some of my favorites. This is 100% a show I’d carve time out to see, period.

1 Like

You know, if you can set aside half a wall at work to try carving a woodblock or hard foam or whatever to cut and ink up, I bet they’ll send you before you can make 132 prints.

I don’t think work’d be well convinced, but I do need to finish up my woodcut printing project. I got stymied by not being able to mix a flesh tone out of process inks. That an an international move.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.