Concrete TikToker deservedly proud of himself for a sensational driveway job. "Well done!"

Originally published at: Concrete TikToker deservedly proud of himself for a sensational driveway job. "Well done!" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I wish I’d been there so I could give him a pat on the back for that awesome work.

7 Likes

Indeed he deserves to be proud of his excellent job.
(whereas the cosmos really wanted that some equally proud dog would appear at the very end and trot across that fresh concrete)

15 Likes

Every volume correct, every surface flat, level and ‘creamed’, every edge regular and every angle, right. His appreciation of applied geometry cannot be denied. I’ll bet he even finished precisely at quitting time.

8 Likes

The internet has ruined me. I was expecting something, either construction materials or him or a passing animal, to fall into the concrete and ruin it while he was recording. But nope, just someone genuinely proud of their work with zero issues.

19 Likes

I was so totally waiting for a dog to come running over, or a car to pull into the driveway.

7 Likes

You can’t please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

5 Likes

A well done concrete job does look satisfyingly nice!

This video is not a one-off - lots of videos of him being happy with his work. It’s kind of great - I’d have a pint with him.

11 Likes

Shane. You’ve done the wrong house, mate. This couple wanted the lower carbon footprint admixture made from recycled dunny parts and wallaby spit which they saw on the latest episode of Grand Designs AU.

3 Likes

I’m pleasing myself right…

Er, never mind.

7 Likes

As a contractor I can say without me and the wife praising ourselves we would never hear it.

Many days we finish a job and remind ourselves that no one could do what we just did without 5 more employees. Then we go home, pass out from being exhausted, and then get up and do it again.

So good for this guy for patting himself on the back because for the most part no one else will.

6 Likes

There’s a zillion parodies.

1 Like

He finished at 2pm, that’s earlier than anyone I know knocks off for the day. From the very short video his concrete work looks really good. NGL I’d be very proud of myself if I did that too

1 Like

Sensational! Well done!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.