Congress's spending proves the GOP believes life begins at conception and ends at birth

Is there no issue that is so important to you that if a candidate failed the litmus test on that issue, it would instantly disqualify them for you?

I have a few. For example, I could never vote for a white supremacist.

Anecdotal, I know, but the ones I know are. To be fair, it’s a small number of people, but they consistently oppose the death penalty and abortion. Again, I know this is anecdotal, but there it is.

Also, the people who usually organize vigils on nights where a prisoner is to be executed are Catholic (I think). It’s also the official church position (which, as you rightly point out, isn’t always consistently followed by the laity).

But fair enough.

2 Likes

By far the most effective form of birth control are IUDs, which there is no way those can be OTC, as they need to be inserted by a OBGYN. Making the pill OTC would be great, but wide spread adoption of IUDs would be even better.

And also, some people are on the pill for medical issues, not birth control (endometriosis, etc). Again, you’d need an OBGYN for that diagnosis.

7 Likes

As the number of OBGYNs and other generalist physicians declines, I expect that nurse practitioners will be able to do so in the near future.

1 Like

Still not OTC, meaning that the point stands.

2 Likes

It’s still not something that can be sold OTC, which was my point. It’s an outpatient procedure.

4 Likes

However, anti-abortion voters frequently do.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.