Conjurers' audiences are most suspicious of extra effort

[Read the post]

1 Like

It’s best to double bag human heads.

13 Likes

I question the notion that suspicion means reduced audience enjoyment.

I know when I go to a magic show I’m assuming that every moment is part of the mechanics of a trick, and I actively try to see how it works. But that’s part of the fun for me, and if I see something that doesn’t look right but the trick works anyway, I’m even more impressed (doubly if I can’t connect what I suspected to what happened).

4 Likes

I prefer to just shrink them and wear them openly. Especially in a magic act, it just adds that extra layer of authenticity.

4 Likes

It seems to me that this could be utilized as part of the misdirection… Being obviously careful with something that is NOT part of the trick.

3 Likes

This in my understanding is entirely how magic is done.

7 Likes

The best magic tricks to show to other magicians are very different from the best magic tricks shown to the general public.

3 Likes

You mean, aside from the parts that obviously require a tiny angel bound by the 77 Divine Names.

1 Like

Is there an alternate universe where magic acts involving human heads or kitten soup kitchens are a thing? I thought they generally dealt with cards, balls and coins.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.