Connecticut pardons the "witches" it executed centuries ago

Can we turn him into a newt? Just asking.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why anyone needed to be told that he was a republican. Are there other life forms that still think there are witches and that witches are bad? I’ll bet that act of courage shows up in his campaign stuff Vote for Rob, He’s against witches!
He’ll also find a way to link them with the LGBTQ folks too.

edit sp.

2 Likes

Pardon? How do you pardon someone for being innocent?

Shouldn’t they be apologizing for punishing and executing innocent people?

And then apologize to any of their descendants for executing and labeling thier ancestors as criminals?

1 Like

@gatto Got there before me. Foiled, yet again!

(link excerpt) Sen. Rob Sampson, R-Wolcott, was the sole no vote on Thursday. He said he doesn’t believe it’s the job of the state legislature to relitigate trials that occurred years ago. “Where does it end?” he said. “Will we be back next year litigating Attila the Hun and the atrocities committed by him?”

One might think he was attempting to protect the reputation of the 17th century English jurist who had women executed for witchcraft and (Hello, Alito!) had written treatises condemning abortions.

3 Likes

… the answer is that the whole “being pardoned means you’re guilty” thing is false and counterexamples like this are everywhere

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I think so. Haven’t attended in decades, but man, that was that time.

1 Like

Well, you can still be proud of the fact Windsor is older than Wethersfield.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.