Conservative parents are predictably angry over a quiz question seeming aimed at angering them

This feels fake. Like fake outrage over a fake question.

4 Likes

I think it was intended as some kind of joke question but it’s not structured as a proper joke regardless of one’s political leanings. It’s more confusing than funny even if you agree with the premise that all those groups are complete idiots.

8 Likes

Is this joke just as funny if the possible answers are:
KKK, Meidas Touch, Massachusetts, San Francisco ?

2 Likes

Nah, this is the exact type of BS I got in questions all the time where the teacher didn’t care and wanted to give free points away but also wanted to fill out their test.

They’re being “clever.”

Or something. While it wouldn’t upset me, I would be confused why a question of this nature was on my kid’s test and I’d want to ask the teacher what you’re expecting my kid to have known from this question.

5 Likes

Extra points for showing your work.

6 Likes

Nope, you’re right the first time, they call it Whitey High…

7 Likes

EXACTLY! I would have written that in under it, just to see what the teacher would do. :smiley:

3 Likes

I think the correct answer is KKK because I know some very liberal people living in Florida and Texas so all of Florida and Texans in general are not complete idiots. As far as Fox News, I’m sure there are some non idiots working at Fox News. The question didn’t specify on air talent or just Fox News employees.

But… in my opinion, this does not belong on any test. If we’re going to get upset over extreme right wing teachers doing obnoxious stuff then this can’t be acceptable either.

4 Likes

I remember a few “What is my cat’s name?” type questions that I rolled my eyes at, but this one still feels more like a conservative caricature than the real thing. But maybe this teacher is really just that unprofessional.

1 Like

Don’t they know that getting offended is literally CANCEL CULTURE?

2 Likes

I’m so sad for those parents.

Sarcastic Oh No GIF by CBC

2 Likes

This seems like one of those multiple choice bonus questions meant to derail students in earlier hours from telling the students in later hours the questions.

“Dude, you took the test this morning, tell me the answers”
“I can only remember the idiots question!”

4 Likes

Yeah. Most Floridians and Texans are being held hostage by a minority-rule white-supremacist death cult, and should not be lumped in with the bad actors killing their states’ democracies and citizens.

3 Likes

Those poor put upon conservatives who only want to over throw the government… /s

1 Like

Yes, because the answer is the same. KKK. It’s a group motivated solely by hatred and anger and fear of being “replaced”. Not only does their viewpoint not stand up to any kind of intellectual scrutiny whatsoever, it’s no way to live life.

If Meidas Touch is who I think they are, they are not idiots but they’re banking on other people being idiots. Much like Fox News, and other propaganda merchants.

Massachusetts and San Francisco are full of idiots and are full of people who are not idiots. Just like literally everywhere else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.