Conspiracy theorist RFK Jr. wishes debate tactics could include beating children

Originally published at: Conspiracy theorist RFK Jr. wishes debate tactics could include beating children | Boing Boing

3 Likes

RFK Jr’s own wife even publicly called him out on his bullshit when he compared the plight of anti-vaxxers to Anne Frank’s family going into hiding in an attempt to survive the Holocaust.

13 Likes

If your idea of a “debate” involves hitting someone, I’m not sure we agree on the line between debate and abuse.

11 Likes

Here’s a “conspiracy theory” for ya: conservative groups are supporting RFK Jr. because they want him to be a spoiler in the 2024 election.

He’s got the name recognition, he’s got just enough leftist cred on certain issues, but enough nutbag conspiracy cred to freak out anyone with a rational mind.

19 Likes

It it still a conspiracy theory when the conspiracy is blatantly obvious?

14 Likes

This is a wildly generous interpretation of RFK’s purported “beliefs.” When one’s “beliefs” wholly contradict the company one keeps and the actions one takes, they might not be genuine.

9 Likes

Yes. Everybody who thinks some of those “beliefs” make sense should read Naomi Klein’s corrective: Beware: we ignore Robert F Kennedy Jr’s candidacy at our peril | Naomi Klein | The Guardian

8 Likes

Well no, then it’s just a conspiracy. Like Watergate was not a Conspiracy theory, it’s just a conspiracy.

19 Likes

He believes the American government is dominated by corporate power and criticizes regulatory agencies like the EPA and FDA for their industry influence.

…if the U.S. government is “dominated” by “corporate power” then why would that power even tolerate the EPA and FDA in the first place?

4 Likes

If seeking to abolish regulators is too provocative, you try to control them instead.

7 Likes

I mean, corporal punishment simply passes down through the generations if the root cause isn’t identified and stopped. I was punished a lot with the belt and a clothes brush as a kid, and went to therapy because my brothers and I were often physically fighting.

7 Likes

I have learned from the Libertarian side of my family that he’s the candidate of choice for them. Not that they have a large percentage in the voting population, but it indicates he’s drawing from several subgroups of people.

9 Likes

That won’t matter unless he wins the primary. If so, we are screwed.

6 Likes

What happens if/when he draws 15-20% of the D vote in the primary running a scorched earth campaign against Biden, and then parlays all the free press into a 3rd party run?

Hell if I know, but I don’t think it would be good, especially if Cornel West continues on the path he’s going down.

2 Likes

Any “independent” third party run is likely to be highly subsidized by the right wing. I suspect there will be more than one. RFK jr is just the sort of narcissistic asshole who would buy into that sort of thing just to stroke his ego. And it will not help at all. If it would, Tucker and co. would not be supporting his current run. Thing is, we cannot control that. We can only make sure we make him as miserable as possible if he chooses to do that, and publicize his assholeness at every opportunity.

8 Likes

I’m much more surprised that Megyn Kelly is still around than she is still an irredeemable awful person.

5 Likes

Serious question. Does this guy suffer from head trauma by head whackings?
In my person impression, I think he does.

Second, if you can’t convince your kid by words and resort to violence, do you expect them not doing the same to you when they’re grow stronger than you. After all, survival of the fittest. What mentioned is not debates but the “do what I tell you and not what I do, or else…”

Third, the only time that has legitimate use of controlled violence involving Nazis and punching because they only learn by physical response. Nothing else qualify for it.

5 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

7 Likes

The big tent that is the Useful Idiot Party.

5 Likes

/s

8 Likes