Conspiracy theory offers great opportunity to learn about science!

I didn’t have that happen, I had worse. My middle school science teacher hand drew his own sort of evolution comic book which taught, you know, evolution. He was kind of pushed out of teaching. It made an impact on me though…

Texas though, not Kansas. Texas is considered by some to be in the south, but not by all. It’s definitely not the “old South” but it’s still the “Bible belt” and probably more backwards than half of the actual south.

2 Likes

It’s near the South, but much closer to Entrenched Dumbassville than the rest of us (and sorry to any rational, thinking Texans out there). I was raised in the South and the only time I ever came up against that sort of stupidity was during a thankfully brief stint at a Baptist elementary school. Teacher was essentially ridiculing the Big Bang theory by asking the class, rhetorically, if aliens just pointed a ray-gun and poof, there was the Earth. I then asked why she believed in the Christian god since I took it to be pretty much the same thing–a sky-beast points finger/tentacle, and poof, Earth.
Shortly thereafter, and many times after that particular incident, I was perp-walked to the Dean’s office and spanked.
Oddly enough, I also recall, at that school, having the opportunity to watch a solar eclipse on telescopes out on the baseball diamond. That place confused me a great deal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.