Here's the truth about those white streaks that criss-cross the sky

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/12/heres-the-truth-about-those-white-streaks-that-criss-cross-the-sky.html

4 Likes

i’ve never understood why they would need chemtrails for population control when they already put fluoride in the water! /s

31 Likes

m22l9P

23 Likes

… exceedingly difficult for factual corrections to alter these deeply entrenched beliefs.

This can be said about so many things these days.

14 Likes

You can not argue with these people.

12 Likes

might be just me in thinking that if the government were more transparent across the board, conspiracies could be brushed off. but here we are.

5 Likes

It’s a canvas:

14 Likes

Spiderwebs.

I recall lying on my back in a park in London in 1988, looking up at all the contrails from Heathrow and Gatwick, and thinking “Well at least there’s a safety net in the sky in case gravity fails completely”.
TBH I was hanging onto the ground at the time to stop from falling off.

18 Likes

Did you ever see car exhaust during cold weather? There ya go.

Though it is a good visual representation of us humans polluting the Earth. Maybe if CO2 and other greenhouse gasses were visible more people would care about climate change. :thinking:

6 Likes

I have enjoyed the view out the window of a jetliner of the condensation forming aft of the winglets. (I admit that I couldn’t see the mind control juice spray nozzles from that angle.)

9 Likes

Why are we posting about chemtrail conspiracy theory like it’s new?

Am I… am I just that old? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

8 Likes

They say these are just condensation but they for sure also contain invisible gases that manipulate the weather. Did you think temperatures were always this warm? Did you think airplanes don’t play some part in that? Unfortunately secretive billionaires have been working hard to keep people from realizing the truth and bribing governments to suppress any protest.

We’re all being constantly spied on, too. It’s just for dumb marketing reasons.

10 Likes

This was on BB a while back:

1 Like

I mean, I even feel nostalgia for old-school conspiracy theory – it wasn’t like it was going to influence elections!

2 Likes

As my 10-year-old daughter would say, “I know that.”

2 Likes

I have assumed for a long time they are a clever conspiracy by activists for Scottish Independence.

18 Likes

I never understood the argument that “chemtrails” are impossible. It’s not like tetraethyl lead wasn’t added to gasoline for decades.

Maliciously added for some conspiracy purpose, perhaps that is off target. Chemicals added that have potentially unrealized long term effects, maybe.

even that’s only really a problem ( so far as i understand ) at high density, like next to or at the airport ( and it’s still an issue )

once you’re 30,000 ft up, i’d imagine everything becomes background noise because it’s so spread out.

of course, for things that leave the atmosphere really slowly or not at all ( like co2 ) that noise can build up to become a problem worldwide. but then, targeting specific people or cities isn’t a thing. it’s literally the world, it takes decades and a lot more sources than just planes

3 Likes

As an aviation (and non-automotive transportation) enthusiast, the whole chem trails things DRIVES ME FSCKIN INSANE OMG.

I got dogpiled on the forum full of chemtrail bros for posting something like “Wow, those lines in the sky look a lot like exactly like the lines on a high altitude IFR chart.”

15 Likes

I remember walking around San Francisco in the 90’s when I saw a little 2" x 2" sticker on a light pole downtown. It read: “Contrails? Or Chem Trails?” with a little sinister plane on it. I thought, “What a perfectly silly thing to make fake paranoia about! They are way up there, everyone can see them but not reach them!” It’s like a Subgenius gag. It wasn’t until about 2010 that I read that people actually believe in that joke.

4 Likes