Conspiracy theory offers great opportunity to learn about science!

Kansas is in the South. It’s just in the WestSouth. The South starts at Connecticut and goes from there.

They should taste it to be sure. Especially the yellow stuff.

I thought it started in Ontario?

Having been brought up in the South I wanted to take offense, but then I remembered the science teacher who gave the class a condensed version of evolution and emphasized that he was only doing it because he was required to teach a theory that, according to him, had major flaws, the biggest being that the Earth is only a few thousand years old.

This was a few years before the Kansas debacle. A few years after it the state legislature was put under enormous pressure to “protect” teachers who wanted to offer “alternatives” to teaching evolution.

I realize this kind of anti-intellectualism can be found in almost every part of the country, but I also can’t ignore the fact that the South has a well-earned reputation for it.

3 Likes

Conspiracy theories - perpetuating the reassuring myth that there’s some aspect of government that’s super effective, adequately funded, with clear objectives that can be successfully accomplished on the first try

5 Likes

So he’s admitting that THEY are dumping this fake snow on Boulder too?

Now I’m scared.

1 Like

OK this one cannot be serious. No one actually believes this conspiracy, do they? It is all a big joke to see if they can get it to spread. Right?

WHAT YOU SAY? /really old meme

Oh, I’m familiar with the concept.

But given that “chemtrails” are simply contrails with wild imaginings attached, and given how amazingly common contrails are across the US, I find it hard to imagine someone has never seen a contrail / supposed “chemtrail” before without their living somewhere remote and isolated from the major passenger airline flight paths.

3 Likes

Fucking magnets - how do they work? /ICP

But what I still don’t understand is how Benghazi figures into this.

3 Likes

Of course Centralia was the site of a massacre and frame-up of union workers. So, you know, an actual conspiracy. claiming to stop a fake conspiracy.

1 Like

http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Curriculum-and-Instruction/Pages/Science.aspx

Ignorance indeed.

People are stupid.

Double rainbow is an old meme now? Man the internet moves fast :frowning:

From what I’ve heard, double rainbows are SO intense. They start to even look like a triple rainbow.

1 Like

I find it the case with a lot of conspiracy theories (and especially ones that are science based, such as the NASA moon landing etc.) that if they actually just asked the questions rather than assuming the answers to be self-evident, they’d get to learn some really cool stuff. “Why are there no stars in any of the moon surface photos? They must be fake!” is the path of ignorance, whereas “I’m wondering why there are no stars visible. Why is this?” is much more fulfilling.

1 Like

Check any of these obvious crackpot conspiracy sites and notice that they give lots and lots of space to some very familiar anti-GMO stories.

In my day, memes had to be at least 5 years old before they were considered old! Get off my dang lawn, you kids!

Also, KnowYourMeme has an absolutely ridiculous amount of information about that meme.

1 Like