Conspiracy Theory Rock: The SNL cartoon that may or may not have been banned

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/03/conspiracy-theory-rock-the-snl-cartoon-that-may-or-may-not-have-been-banned.html

10 Likes

Contributed by Ruben Bolling

8 Likes

Sure Thing Agree GIF

13 Likes

right-there

8 Likes

Is that date correct? This would have been something like six before the OJ murders and almost a decade before Backstreet Boys were a thing.

8 Likes

… it’s possible that somebody is mixing them up with New Kids on the Block again :thinking:

1 Like

I’m not laughing out loud from that skit, but it is an expertly done parody and satire.

If this doesn’t look like a fully animated Tom The Dancing Bug comic, I don’t know what else could!

And now I want the Schoolhouse Rock singers behind every Ruben Bolling comic ever.

1 Like

surely a typo for 98. the tv funhouse skits and I believe Smigel himself weren’t on the show until the mid 90s, to my memory.

2 Likes

Yeah, 89 predates all that stuff.

1 Like

Well, it isn’t, but if not being funny was a criterion for deletion, almost all SNL skits not performed by Phil Hartman would be similarly be deleted in reruns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.