Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

TMI!!!

6 Likes

But where will I get the Dubonnet to make a Dizzy Lizzy?

2 Likes

I’m glad they used quotes in that title. In the future we might see “self-proclaimed” added to it.

10 Likes

Best of luck with that. I’m not going.

Great: more teenagers making minimum wage are now expected to confront spiral-eyed gun-stroking batfuckers about a mask policy. That’ll go great.

20 Likes

Trujillo said he does not like the idea of putting every student in a “cookie cutter” standardized learning program, but in these extraordinary times it is the best option.

This is such an important position to stake out.

I’m going to guess it was a lot harder on kids to be separated from their parents than not attend in-person classes, but no-one in 1940 went around saying “Oh, but the irreparable harm to children!” and “We just have to live with the Blitz!”

9 Likes

Those phony covidiot mask cards are spreading rapidly.

14 Likes
10 Likes

I know the feelings. From a far more privileged position. But I feel you.

You are not. You are contributing to your direct community on a way I cannot in mine. Above all, you give people hope and guidance, even when you admit to them that there is no “good” advice.
Not giving easy “good” advice is the best thing anyone can do right now, and possibly always.

It is no great comfort, but we hear you.

And I assure you, and your colleagues: everywhere are people who value your work, your ethos.

24 Likes

Meanwhile, a punk band writes a song to praise their favourite virologist:

7 Likes

Bolsonaro told on social network that he tested positive again for COVID in a new test… It’s ‘hard to hold’ Bolsonaro at the Alvorada Palace, says Eduardo about his father with Covid-19

7 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/no-thanks-covid-infected-oklahoma-guv-still-refuses-to-require-people-to-wear-masks

“I’m not thinking about a mask mandate at all,” Stitt said during a press call on Wednesday, arguing that “you can’t pick and choose what freedoms you’re going to give people.”

Maybe you can guess what I hope happens to him.

16 Likes

Bullshit, Governor. You and your people constantly pick and choose women’s reproductive rights.

31 Likes

Asshole say WHAT?
You don’t “give” freedoms to ANYone! State executive enforces regulations, written by legislature, to ensure the innate “freedoms” are kept for all citizens.
The governor does not “give” freedoms, no matter how self important said asshole thinks themself.

23 Likes

BIOVYZR 1.0 : Personal Protection Suit, $249
biovyzer

14 Likes
20 Likes

Note that they are treating this as serious.

Note the number of cases.

Compare and contrast with US states.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/a6f23959a8b14bfa989e3cda29297ded

19 Likes

I will probably have to fine tune this a bit, but I think I have my “good advice.”

24 Likes

You sound like an awesome pediatrician. We’ve been hopping about trying to find s good fit locally and I wish we could pick you.
You are helping your patients and their parents. Even when you don’t have an answer, admitting it is going to help them understand how complicated the issue is. They won’t feel so alone.
Here is a funny picture for you.

25 Likes

Almost as if the governor’s heartfelt appeal to “personal responsibility” a few months back was never a winning tactic.

4 Likes

That’s good advice for this situation, but it’s the same logic antivaxxers apply when told vaccines are safe and anti-maskers are using.

I mean, they already decided that long ago, it’s just interesting that we are now in an era where conspiracy-level thinking is indistinguishable from good advice.

8 Likes