Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Cover graphic aside, this seems like a fairly even-keeled and sober analysis accessible for non-economists like myself.

4 Likes
27 Likes
9 Likes

The impact on the workforce and unemployment will be interesting. I hope it turns in a more positive direction, and doesn’t go back to the same old model:

9 Likes

Headline, because no WaPo one-box this AM:

Administration wants to block new money for testing, tracing, and CDC: Position angers Republicans negotiating relief bill

The Trump administration’s coronavirus policy is indistinguishable from depraved-heart murder and the key architects of that policy should be prosecuted. Same but double for Ducey, Abbot, and DeSantis.

19 Likes

29 Likes

Once again, China takes action that seems vastly disproportionate when compared to the official figures that they are reporting.

7 Likes

Could be the infections are just an excuse. Could be the infections are much worse than they are admitting to. Or both.

12 Likes

It could even be that they are freaked out and are afraid (like shitting their pants afraid) this could spin out of control and their whole political system is put to a test.

Now, what does that remind me of…?

6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t rule out that they just know what happens if you don’t completely overreact to the virus at this point.

10 Likes

While anything the government does in that region is suspect, it could also be a 4th option, that China is reacting exactly right to an outbreak by rapidly and strictly shutting down, testing and tracing.

19 Likes

But… commies!!! /s

Seriously, China has real issues. This ain’t it. We’re the ones who are failing here, not China…

16 Likes

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/no-alcohol-without-food-bars-restaurants-get-creative

15 Likes
17 Likes

broadchurch-sad|nullxnull

10 Likes

29 Likes

Oh darn, I missed it!

be50e057584126feaf1ec25b022c757edba5f1ad1d8582e05571b9f602564f93

24 Likes

I was talking with my doctor on Friday during my monthly medicine review, and she was saying that the COVID-19 problem in Tijuana is still as bad as ever (she works an evening shift at the general hospital). We related stories about neighbors who were either secretly or openly defiant about restrictions, believing it to be a hoax made up by the government.

The kids on the other side of us were playing a game of tag the other day, and they’ve evidently replaced the boogeyman with Coronavirus, hollering “Corona!” as they chase each other.

16 Likes