Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

I’m one of those who struggles due to asthma related to phlegm production, but like any reasonable person, I take a couple of shots from my inhaler before setting out, and if I begin to feel compromised, I simply take a break from whatever I’m doing and sit down until I’m sorted out again. The thicker mask I wear really doesn’t multiply the effect that much, so I’m rather skeptical of the anti-maskers.
Some may remember I almost suffocated in the fall of 2018 because I was using a faulty Advair diskus for several days and I realized way too late.

18 Likes

And the realist sees “more studies needed,” sighs and moves on.

12 Likes

I’m striving to lean more Picasso…

3 Likes
13 Likes

German broadcaster ZDF tweeted: “Angela Merkel criticizes “#Öffnungsdiskussionsorgien” – but often wins at Scrabble” which I thought was quite amusing.

Now who I am to judge how Merkel or indeed anyone is getting through this pandemic, although I’m pretty sure group sex cannot be classed as social distancing.

3 Likes

I has a sad.

Don’t even live there anymore, but really loved that place. A real piece of what made San Francisco special, back when it was.

9 Likes

Get your hate on:

9 Likes

It’s still special, we just can’t afford it anymore :angry:

5 Likes

Cooking steak/fish, making cheapo wine and now cleaning respirators.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure the things I liked were not things techbros like, and so I don’t expect there’s much space left in San Francisco for San Francisco anymore.

6 Likes

The piece is spot on (with one tiny sad exception: the twitter account mentioned is that of a satire show, and while being official and being part of the ZDF, it is not the ZDF tweeting that).

ETA: just to add an anecdote, I had two calls to two different co-workers. Both referred to the period of soft lockdown as “back then in Corona times”. That’s rather odd, given we are still in the early phase of the pandemic.

6 Likes
13 Likes

The German version of the “Daily Show”; they had some hilarious sketches about Brexit back a few centuries ago when that was the story of the day.

4 Likes
11 Likes

It would be better if they were scheduling him to do that in 2021.

4 Likes

“These kids have got to get back to school,” Parson told Cox. “They’re at the lowest risk possible. And if they do get COVID-19, which they will — and they will when they go to school — they’re not going to the hospitals. They’re not going to have to sit in doctor’s offices. They’re going to go home and they’re going to get over it.”

Or not.

And also their parents and grandparents. And also their parent’s coworkers, and their families, since they won’t be given paid time off to quarantine.

19 Likes

Oh, all the winnable ‘preventable death’ lawsuits; I can practically hear the lawyers drooling now…

22 Likes

I hope, but I’d rather see a push to recall. I can’t fathom that there isn’t one here. Joe Biden isn’t going to fly down and save Arizona on November 4th.

8 Likes

Fingers crossed for you.

9 Likes

The slow grind down: come Friday, our organization will have functionally laid off well over half of its staff, and those of us remaining will be dropped to 80% time (which you can offset with vacation days for as long as you have them).

A long time until January, and no guarantees that anything will happen then: if the Democrats fail to take the Senate, for instance…

11 Likes