Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Looks like we won’t be lifting the quarantine requirements for mainlanders any time soon.

17 Likes

Once you learn about employers who take out life insurance policies in case their employees are killed (with the company as the beneficiary), these actions seem less shocking. They show their main concern is not the workers.

18 Likes

What a heartless asshole. Karma is a bitch, dude.

15 Likes

Are masks cool now?

8 Likes

Didnt you hear? Masks were ALWAYS cool and make you really patriotic!

12 Likes

28 Likes

And no one is more patriotic than our favorite president! :face_vomiting:

9 Likes

You beat me to it, dammit.

13 Likes

Time to start giving retail employees pepper spray and the door checkers along with the managers metal baseball bats

16 Likes

How is he not at lest fined any earnings on the stock plus a hefty punitive fine?

7 Likes

Optimistic, but might as well be prepared, and avoid the mass rush if a vaccine becomes available.

14 Likes

Re-post but relevant to the task at hand when a viable vaccine is available…

8 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes
16 Likes

Putting yet more pressure on low paid, essential workers…

13 Likes

This is one of those headlines where the answer is, “Yes.”

But despite repeated government denials, the BBC has learned that on 13 March, when Sir Patrick Vallance was outlining the government’s approach to tackling the virus, herd immunity was being discussed at the heart of the health service.

“We want people to be infected with Covid-19,” the notes say. “The best way of managing it is herd immunity and protect the vulnerable.”

Other people, of course. Preferably those people.

15 Likes

Yes, he and his family did not wear a mask at the swearing in

4 Likes

I guess the idea of just playing out the whole season in spring training venues fell through. Although it sounded like a very good idea to me logistically, one must remember that those venues are in Arizona and Florida. But then, having an Arizona team plus support staff travelling around the country to play a game involving physical contact (yes, even baseball) sounds like an even worse idea.

2 Likes

WHAT ABOUT THE SPORTSBALL we need an excuse to gamble and drink in the middle of the day

6 Likes