Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Yeah, but Gohmert doesn’t believe in that either…

7 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with cleaning, of course, unless it is used as an excuse to skirt more effective measures. As the article says:

Finally, and most important, hygiene theater builds a false sense of security, which can ironically lead to more infections. Many bars, indoor restaurants, and gyms, where patrons are huffing and puffing one another’s stale air, shouldn’t be open at all. They should be shut down and bailed out by the government until the pandemic is under control. No amount of soap and bleach changes this calculation.

(Oops, he left “churches” off the list.)

When the English Premier League restarted, during the water breaks groundspeople were coming out and spraying the goal crossbars with sanitizer. This made me giggle: presumably the danger was that a player would touch the ball – not something super-common in soccer – then the ball would get kicked against the crossbar, transferring virus to it. Later, another ball might hit the crossbar, and then the goalie would touch the ball (mainly they wear gloves, of course), and somehow catch covid from that. Meanwhile, the players are out there tackling each other, grabbing one another’s shirt, crowding together during set pieces, etc. Then, at the end of the match they embrace their manager, who elbow-bumps the opposition manager before they too embrace. But, good thing they sprayed those crossbars!

12 Likes

Nicely put!

21 Likes
17 Likes

https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-new-method-for-covid-19-death-reporting/

“The new method is also a way for the state to be more accurate and timely in their reporting. Texas law requires death certificates to be filed within 10 day, but the DSHS said that even if they receive the certificate on the last day, they’ll be sure to file the death for the date that it occurred.”

A more accurate timeline overall? Sure.

At the same time though, governors in their press conferences tend to announce the deaths reported “yesterday”. So when they tell us that 100 died yesterday, they aren’t telling us about the 300 back-dated cases spread out over the last 10 days. Ten days from now, that 100 may have swelled to 300, and we won’t know unless we go back and look.

What we should start seeing in states like this, and the country overall, is the curve rising up to two weeks behind the current date.

11 Likes

Sadly they probably can’t do this. Federal officials are largely immune to lawsuits for anything that they do in an official capacity.

4 Likes

At what point do you think God’s going to figure out that these morons don’t take hints?

18 Likes

If I understand the popular narrative, god is believed to be omniscient and knew everything about everyone at the beginning of time. Evidently, god just works based on a policy of non-intervention.

1 Like

What else do you need to know about a conservative “student group” that its co-founder was 80. Grass roots, baby!

“I really wish people would just stop politicizing this pandemic and grow up while innocent people around us are dying,” Hull also said.

Unbelievable.

I don’t know, I think he should try a little harder first.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Who is she to disagree? Everybody’s looking for something!

19 Likes

There is more than one issue considered to be the cause here, but mask-wearing is at the forefront, so…

16 Likes
6 Likes

At the rate they’re likely to meet their maker, they might never figure out the turning point is before you go over the cliff.

5 Likes
13 Likes

As predicted

19 Likes
11 Likes

Herman Cain has died from Covid.

13 Likes

And still it won’t matter to repubs.

18 Likes

Thoughts and prayers, motherfucker.

12 Likes