Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Nein, nein, nein?

10 Likes

I’m not actually thinking or praying, so it doesn’t count, right?

9 Likes

Now he’s one of “those people” again.

9 Likes

Already seeing “he had cancer in 2006, so it wasn’t covid that killed him.” Just amazing, truly.

19 Likes

Including intentionally infecting other people with a contagious disease?

Man, our society is screwed up as all hell…

14 Likes

Federal officials aren’t protected from assault or sexual misconduct against their staff; I don’t see why this is any different.

11 Likes

The linked article about coronavirus and jobs (despite the word “boomer” in the title) is scary for those of us in Gen X, too:

22 Likes

Sounds like they’re only going to be drive through and delivery only for the next year or so

6 Likes

Social distancing:

Still wary and practicing safe social isolation, my husband and I met up with a small group of teacher friends to say goodbye as my husband moved on to a new job. We enjoyed an appropriately distanced gathering.

Feeling worried, I texted some of the friends who were at my house on June 11, and asked if they were feeling sick. One of my friends confirmed my worst fear; they were sick with a confirmed positive COVID-19 test. Shortly, we learned that almost all of our visitors were COVID positive.

Also, so much for contact tracing.

13 Likes

Genocide

16 Likes
14 Likes

This is right after playing the Marlins, who…

Let’s reopen all the things, but especially schools!

Nah.

13 Likes

I saw the Marlins leaving their bus coming into town and going into the hotel when I was walking through the park.

We knew they were baseball players because they didn’t look like athletes. :grimacing:

16 Likes

how do they do that? i thought they were all franchised?

more importantly, why? they’re not at risk, it’s all pushed off to the franchisee.

not that i care, per se. just seems odd.

2 Likes

Turns out regional sports channels that could not air new games because of the virus are still charging fees to cable subscribers. Cable providers have came up with a shitty solution… future credit way down the road.

7 Likes

I assume the Walmart branches are a special arrangement, but also they might be confusing things in the headline and the franchises are simply going under on their own.

1 Like

she visited friends, her parents, went to the gym, and this:

On the way home [from getting tested for covid!!!], we stopped at eegee’s, a local sub and Italian ice shop, thinking an icey, sugary eegee’s drink would make me feel better. I couldn’t even finish the kiddee-sized ice concoction. I officially had no appetite.

she feels guilty they infected her friends but shows no awareness at all of her family’s own actions. it’s wild.

15 Likes

Eegee’s is only currently open for drive-through.

With the friends, parents, gym it was all the social distancing that has been so successful in Sweden, and you don’t need a mask really if you can just do that, etc.

2 Likes

The phrase “Cain had been hospitalized and reportedly on a ventilator” is floating around Google News but people will still want pics and then they’re argue about the pixels

11 Likes

Let them waste their time; all the denial in the world won’t make Cain any less dead.

6 Likes