Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

My work is in its second Covid shut down and it’s wearing on folks.

People, now working from home, are starting to respond with “Yeah, I’ll get to it when I get to it.”

15 Likes

Yeah, tempers are very much frayed here. Did I mention JMU just went back to in-person classes? I am sure this will go well. It worked so well last time! smfh.

20 Likes

Not that you want to hear this, but…

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 06, 2020

More Than ER Nurses Got

Just quit. Walk out the front door. Isolate from your family for 14 days and get on with your life.

Everybody’s gotta eat, but I doubt too many Trump staffers (I don’t mean the cleaning staff, etc.) really need the next paycheck to eat. Fly away, little birdies! Or shut the fuck up.

by Atrios at 14:37

20 Likes

Staffers with high clearances could go anywhere in DC if they wanted to.

11 Likes

Got you covered there!

Superspreader

Entire (or most? - bunch of top people) joint chiefs of staff are quarantined.

Obviously having all this stuff happen in October makes for a great dramatic novel, but it would have made a lot more sense in April.

by Atrios at 13:43

14 Likes

ned-stark-facepalm

24 Likes

It’s like they’re actively pining for the guillotine to make a comeback…

19 Likes

Neo-liberalism is a hell of a drug…

18 Likes

Reminder:

Again:

Enthusiastically buying into every piece of US propaganda, no matter how blatant, was bad enough in the pre-Trump era. Continuing to do it while Trump is in charge?

20 Likes

Yah. Xi and the rest of the CCP leaders are a bunch of detestable bastards, but they actually did handle the epidemic pretty well. Whereas the responses in the US and many European countries have ranged from “not very good” to “didn’t even try”.

18 Likes

They made you come back the next day, even though the place was empty?

11 Likes

Something else to brighten your day - not.

18 Likes

Can’t wait 'til he relapses/secondary complications kick in.

19 Likes

When you’re too much of a dumb fucking moron to realize you can legally buy people’s votes by sending them stimulus checks with your name on them.

19 Likes

Seriously, he could have timed it to happen this month so easily.

edit: Now that I think about it, he still could. Maybe the point of the delay is so that it happens as close to the election as possible?

4 Likes

That would be Obama (sigh). Trump’s already got his name on one letter, and also this:

Why spend money on it when the government will let him put his name on anything he wants?

11 Likes

He can’t really wait much longer at this point if that’s his strategy (Narrator: there is no strategy). The legislation still has to be passed and signed. Not only that, the Treasury was abysmal at getting stimulus checks mailed out in a timely fashion last time, and they’ve torpedoed the USPS since then in an effort to hamper mail-in ballots.

15 Likes

Yep, he really hasn’t seemed to ever have a strategy other than racism.

13 Likes

He says he’ll do it as soon as he wins. Meaning, if he doesn’t win, there will be no help until February, at the earliest.

Basically, why buy votes when you can extort them? (And, better yet, once you win, you don’t have to do anything.)

Wow, a lame duck Trump will be scary, even if accepts his humiliating defeat.

13 Likes

Assuming that he survives that long, of course…

12 Likes