Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Um yeah, one of these things is definitely not like the other.

12 Likes
20 Likes

21 Likes

I remember the pain all through my throat and windpipe from having a breathing tube when I had sinus surgery. It a non-emergency surgery where nobody was in any hurry, and it was in for less than an hour. The pain was awful and lasted for days - far worse than the sinus pain.

I can’t even imagine what things must be like for these people if they survive.

25 Likes

TV’s Emma Kennedy.

1 Like

Yeah, after being intubated for surgery a few years ago, I lost my voice for about a month.

It’s my understanding that many of these folks are being put into induced comas to lesson the freakout of being treated that way with ventilators, etc.

Nightmares all around.

20 Likes

Sounds like Trump is too busy playing golf with the four horsemen to meet with him

20 Likes

A bit late in posting this, but 2 weeks after the “Reopen Spokane” protest:

It was predicted of course.

2 weeks from now is going to be scarier. There are no good answers.

17 Likes

Then you’re going to love what Tegnell said in today’s press conference:

During Monday’s press conference, the Public Health Authority’s state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell came with a cheerful message.

“We are clearly past the hump on the blue curve,” he said.

6 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

Spokane County shut down their primary testing facility today after last night’s protests downtown.

For reference, here’s where the expo center is in relation to downtown:

This is punitive retribution and nothing more.

25 Likes

The main south side curbside testing spot in Chicago has been closed down today as well, which is a real loss.

19 Likes

Sounds more like an excuse to turn off the bad news spigot. Reopening Fever! Catch it!

15 Likes

@docosc, this might be worth a visit or two every now and then.

(I think I will keep that tab open. For the next couple of years…)

15 Likes

i keep thinking about all the protestors out right now. not just for the obvious police violence, but for the prolonged exposure to other people. even though it’s outside, and lots of people are wearing masks, i worry.

17 Likes

See also:

Coincidence?

7 Likes

a lot of retail stores are closed or closing early where i live. some of it is about making sure that people can get home if the highways are blocked. other bits im sure are about reducing the number of targets ^h^h^h people the police have to deal with

that said, yeah, i can also imagine this as just an excuse to stop testing. :confused:

9 Likes

I am certain there is no data on the effect of tear gas exposure on the progress of Covid-19, but given existing data on smoking and air pollution, I am gonna guess it is bad. What a fucking mess, people.

28 Likes

Protesting in a pandemic.
This is that bad :confused:

21 Likes