Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

Don’t give them any ideas!

5 Likes

I dunno, I think it’s pretty beautiful.

That being said if you want to see someone getting stung by one:

8 Likes

No.

22 Likes

24 Likes

Visually I like them too as awesome and terrifying creatures of the sublime.

14 Likes

So, Trump says to stop testing so much, and the testing becomes much harder to come by. How is this not murder? Or at least dereliction of duty?

17 Likes

I’m actually a fan of Coyote Peterson: and he’s mostly just video-logging the same path as his mentor, Justin Schmit. What I like is that it’s never just a Jackass-style stunt, but also science. I bring this up because his current videos are fantastic “backyard zoology” shows for kids, which I highly recommend.

I’m also in awe of anyone who can get stung by so much as a harvester ant without unleasing a stream of profanity.

They are absolutely gorgeous in life: and also completely chill. I’ve walked through the middle of swarms of them (a particularly awesome sight) without concern.

9 Likes

I admit, I’ve been procrastinating about going into my hives because the bees seem super active these days. This makes me a little happy.

8 Likes

Cool; I’m still not interested in watching anyone get stung by a huge freakin wasp, no matter how attractive.

11 Likes

Ducey is pushing testing here, but here’s the thing: it doesn’t fucking matter if you’re in the middle a wave. I didn’t have it last Thursday when I got the test? Great. Says exactly nothing about whether I have it right now, and without serious contact tracing gathering people at testing sites and handling samples is probably creating more exposure than tests might reduce. If we went into another three (probably longer) month lock down, then, assuming numbers went down and then we had ramped up serious contact tracing, then testing could help.

6 Likes

Ah, I was curious what the catch was.

Re-reading the article it does seem to claim it would be low-cost in comparison to what’s being spent on a vaccine that might not work, is a long ways off, etc. Seems like the tradeoffs might be worth it for hot spots to just be able to get spread under control.

5 Likes

Oh, they got a bit more than just a few million.

8 Likes

Hell, that’s just the tip of the murderberg.

8 Likes

my partner just had a nearing to elderly relative pass away unexpectedly due to a heart attack. that they lived in a place of color coded for medium to high covid risk… it makes you wonder.

they’re not testing for covid presumably because there still aren’t enough tests for the living.

12 Likes

Ignorance kills, people. That the mother was a RN makes her actions even more irresponsible and reprehensible.

18 Likes

Local news has had it with folks.

24 Likes

Ooh that’s good

8 Likes

Jesus Hydroxychloroquinated Christ, they just can’t let it go, can they?

14 Likes

Dear people on the isles, I’m sorry for you.

We miss you in Europe, you know?

15 Likes

isn’t that only like half a story at best? there’s a heck of a lot more people involved in schooling than kids.

unless it’s already lord of the flies in finland, surely there are some adult teachers and support staff ( bus drivers, nurses, administrators, cafeteria workers, janitors, coaches, counselors, librarians… ) around

6 Likes