Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

My only complaint about getting AstraZeneca is that they’re now waffling about what to do about the second shot in Ontario. (I think they’re waiting on a June UK study of mix-match effectiveness.)

Weeks of waiting for something else would have meant weeks still in a higher-risk category.

Science, Fuck Yeah!

11 Likes

Yeah the gap is the actual fucker with AZ.

4 Likes

In spite of his bravado about licking forks. I bet that fucker is vaccinated, just like Trump.

9 Likes

So … corona breeds on the floor by itself and then people get it by using dirty forks?

This is how the pandemic has spread across the world?

10 Likes

But then the floors are terrified he’s going to put the prager-ridden forks back down on them.

3 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes

The Dirty Fork

Pretty close to what I often called Preznit Tromp.

7 Likes

We did it!

:frowning:

16 Likes

Here in Japan, where 6 million doses of vaccine have been administered so far (in a country with 125 million people), the government has finally gotten around to opening locations for mass vaccination in Tokyo and Osaka. They are still only taking applications from people over 65, but the Tokyo center will vaccinate 5,000 people per day (increasing to a maximum of 10,000) while the Osaka center will vaccinate 2,500 people per day (increasing to a maximum of 5,000). Metropolitan Tokyo has 37 million people and the Osaka metro area has 18 million people. They’re planning to increase the number of vaccination centers (nothing concrete yet). The available slots filled up in 26 minutes today. Also, fuck Prime Minister Suga. It’s taken his “administration” months to get this far, and they’re not exactly accelerating things. This is supposed to be a first-world country…

9 Likes

I just can’t. Teachers who were “volunteered” to be poll watchers.

Fuck.

14 Likes

31 Likes

Do magnets stick to my body? (Spoilers: No.)

14 Likes

Although not yet vaccinated, I have some experience with aches and pains due to immunoconfusion. It’s been almost ten years since the first symptoms manifested (though I dismissed them at the time as normal signs of aging) and I STILL can’t always tell whether certain aches and pains are effects of rheumatoid arthritis, or if I’ve just pushed myself too hard the previous day.

9 Likes

I’ve been catching up on the news this morning after a mostly analog weekend, and I am experiencing two somewhat contradictory feelings:

First, that my instinct/belief/whatever was essentially correct all along regarding the whole droplet/aerosol/vapor/range question. One of a great many things where I am not happy to have been proven (mostly?) correct.

The second is that it seems so terribly ironic that it is only after the CDC’s “Good news, everyone!” announcement that I am likely to show up at the grocery store in a full-face rather than a half-face respirator. I am not even fucking joking, either. I’ve gotten in more aesthetically pleasing athletic condition since the plague hit, and now carry a more complete suntan than I did growing up in the tropics, so maybe I’ll pair it with an outfit that ensures the respirator isn’t even the first thing most people notice.

8 Likes
15 Likes

>sigh< And now troll brigades are mass-reporting Covid videos on YouTube.

Act.tv got a second-strike and a two-week ban (which got cleared and lifted on appeal today, thank goodness) for a video discussing how anti-maskers want to defend themselves from vaccinated people… by wearing masks. It got slapped for, get this, “covid misinformation.”

You’re not obliged to watch, but if you do, you’ll see that there is no misinformation-- the facts are stated clearly, while the falsehoods are openly mocked. This is the second of James’ videos to get struck (the appeal on the first was denied.) Somebody’s carrying a grudge… :rage: :rage: :rage:

14 Likes

I’m a bacteriological weapon, I armed and loaded!

4 Likes
6 Likes

Oh FFS, for some reason a hashtag translating to “We don’t let our children being vaccinated” is trending on germanophone twitter.

And this comes a mere day after a former respected conservative (and now borderline right-wing propaganda) newspaper published an article based on idiotic interpretation of ICU occupancy data, pushing an “analysis” signed by ten authors who claim that at no point, the German intensiv care system was going critical (“überlastet”).

This is misinformation warfare, IMO. I don’t know what is actually going on, but both astroturfing and rop-down misinformation are, again, gaining traction here.

11 Likes