Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

hidoc

hidoc2

Seems legit.

The only verification is an email link. (Hm. I could probably automate that on my Pi.)

13 Likes

We have to travel soon (sick family member) and we have a four-year-old. The idea of keeping up our end (and keeping a mask on him, don’t lick that handrail why would you) the whole time seemed so problematic we’re going to suck up a likely three day drive.

18 Likes

:rofl:

9 Likes

Safest of all is in my room, tucked into my bed, snug and warm…

22 Likes

My wife has been researching that very question. It’s too early to have good data of whether the live virus flu vaccine protects against COVID specifically, but there is good evidence that it often does protect against other non-flu viruses:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1054139X08006745?casa_token=RMoLDOt8-sMAAAAA:t7YG3xrekd9EsqNv8J4-H9qBCwDRZcaOFtkUh1eBvt4EJSYYwDymdQYwpzy6uRUW5wHyUs1ChA

Unfortunately this does not appear to be the case with the standard flu shot. Case in point: Argentina leads the world in flu-shot uptake, and has nearly 100% (!) of their population get the annual shot, yet their COVID deaths are skyrocketing. Their deaths-per-capita are nearly as bad as the US right now, and still on an upward trajectory. :frowning:

The other thing to consider is that the live virus vaccine carries a small risk of actually causing the flu, which is why it’s not recommended for older people.

12 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Quarantine Songs

Safest of all is in my room, tucked into my bed

As we used to point out at the whitewater kayaking club: do you know how many people die in their beds?! :grin:

12 Likes

Normally… yeah, I can get behind that. But now in Covidville, safest of all… Although kayaking seems like you can socially distance and still get out there and have fun.

And of course, you might run into a tiki-bar floatilla of drunk priests if you get into trouble!

16 Likes
11 Likes
21 Likes

:man_facepalming:

12 Likes

My test was Dr. Alexis Zarkov. I figured that they’d spot Flexy Jerkov, but now I’m now so sure.

6 Likes

Hm. Plutocrats have spent some effort convincing them to convince themselves.

(I have no experience with that site, but everything in the article seems correct – or confirms my biases. :rofl:)

12 Likes
9 Likes

Even the minks?

15 Likes

They stole it from us.

10 Likes

“It’s good to be the President, I guess.”

He also said he is going to send Regeneron to everyone with “this problem”, free of charge. :thinking:

He also said the mortality rate was 95 or 85%…

anyhoo…

What makes me very very angry is how many of us would have died. Let’s be honest. This man doesn’t “work.” I, on 3rd shift, walk spiritedly on average about 7 miles a day, and lift 2-3 tons (not all at once ;p ). My Covid checklist includes “Do you have any new muscle pain and soreness?” Yep, that I do. Every single day.

So, most of us would not have been immediately alerted to the kind of subtle symptoms he had. Most of us function with fatigue and such… well, all the time. We don’t have someone checking our oxygen levels every time we feel extra tired. Even if we did, we would not be “rushed” anywhere. We wouldn’t have experimental drugs available on-tap. We’re told to suck it up and keep working.

So, fuck him frankly. He can’t use his experience to downplay the danger of Covid. I can’t really say how many people out of 100 his age, weight, etc., would have died, but I can say there is nothing whatsoever relatable or normal about his experience. He can in no way pretend he learned anything, or is an example in any way of the relative danger of this disease.

He said toward the end that he wished they would open schools, and the “cure” is sometimes worse than the problem. Someone who hasn’t really experienced the problem can’t decide that. He has no basis for authority on the subject.

27 Likes

7hry

12 Likes
8 Likes