Contortionist impossibly spins on her teeth

Originally published at: Contortionist impossibly spins on her teeth | Boing Boing

3 Likes

That really creeps me out. Not just the Exorcist horror aspect of it; but the vertebrae in peril aspect too.

Still; it is an impressive talent.

2 Likes

I always think of what Gong Show panelist Jaye P. Morgan once told a similar contortionist, “I know a lot of guys who want to meet you.”

6 Likes

I ruptured a cervical disc 10 years ago and now have an artificial one. I could barely look at that.

3 Likes

Pretty amazing flexibility and balance. I was wondering how she could possibly be supporting all that weight on her teeth. If you look closely when she mounts, the top of the pole has a long, angled piece that she puts in her mouth. It looks like probably the roof of her mouth is bearing the weight. Still impressive though. I wouldn’t risk it ;-).

1 Like

This kind of mouth support is common equipment for contortionists. The entire row of teeth (upper and lower) are clamped down on this support. Quite stable, within the context of someone who does this sort of thing.

6 Likes

Call the chiropractor!

3 Likes

“It’s an emergency, Chiropractor!”
“Quicky, Subluxation Boy; to the Chirocopter!”

2 Likes

Orthodontist sees $$$$

2 Likes

pure nightmare fuel
octonope

5 Likes

So is this what Rhythmic Gymnasts do after they retire?

Did somebody say nightmare fuel?!

5 Likes

I mean, at some point resting your butt on the top of your head (ow ow ow) might take some of the weight off of your spine?

1 Like

Looking at that image while considering the difference in weight between the lower half of my body and my head…I’m sure it’s all fun and games until a doctor is telling stories about the patient who nearly wound up with their head up their ass.
:grimacing:

2 Likes

Spinning on your teeth is better that having your teeth spin…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.