Convictions vs. convict: Vermont GOP’s “No Felons” rule imperils Trump's candidacy

But Donald Trump isn’t seeking to be elected to anything on the public ballot in Vermont. Republican delegates to their national convention are to be elected. Presumably, electors pledged to Donald Trump will be on the general election ballot.

Did something change after 2020?

8 Likes

It’s difficult to find misinformation as pure as what you just posted…

10 Likes

Beat me to it.

Indeed! Nothing at all! They’re gonna find a way to get him on the ballot in vermont, me thinks, and rules lawyering around it seems a really odd way to think about this issue…

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

… Nixon at least had the decency to be ashamed of himself :thinking:

3 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Given that he later gave an interview claiming that “when the president does it, it’s not illegal” I don’t think that’s true… he also claimed up to the day he left office that “he was not a crook”… so…

Richard Nixon GIF by GIPHY News

7 Likes

…You expect us to believe people in Vermont don’t get to cast ballots for the president? What on earth do you get from claiming nonsense like that? :confused:

7 Likes

Is that really true though? Sure, it won’t affect the national election, but if these people don’t stand up (or kneel) for Trump I imagine they’ll get tossed out as RINOs.

1 Like

Maybe, but tossed out by who, specifically? The very same Vermont voters who just gave Haley a majority of their votes in the recent primary?

Yeah, Trump would certainly toss them out if he could but he doesn’t have that power over state party officials, and it seems like the Vermont GOP voters might not be so willing to do the job for him.

4 Likes
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.