Cool-looking DIY synth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/30/cool-looking-diy-synth.html

6 Likes

tenor (1)

3 Likes

Very cool. Here’s my ghetto synth type thing:

2 Likes

That is super cool. I’ve wanted a modular system for sometime but couldn’t really justify the cost.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I started doing, right up to the wooden faceplates with photo transfer labeling. However, the first two modules (the schematics of which I got from the same place as him) didn’t work as intended right away, and so they’ve been sitting in a box until I get the motivation to fix them.

1 Like

Very cool, but the video explanation is way over my head.

I wouldn’t let the description put you off. If you’re interested in this stuff I would recommend watching a heap of videos around modular and analogue synths without trying to grasp all the concepts and after a while some of the terminology will start to settle.

He mentions ‘Look Mum No Computer’ who is a blast. Would also thoroughly recommend looking up Junkie XL as well.

2 Likes

Thanks, but the problem is I’m too old and I seriously think my brain is starting to fail. I was a math major so at one point I might have been able to do this.

All good. Not sure what is too old, 56 here and just starting to get back into this stuff. All I can say is give it a shot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.